** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **
DOWNLOAD APK INSTALLER:
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the "Targa" version ]
NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.
- SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
- and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here:
- [11/15] (3.65) Bugfix and cleanup for init / hijack includes SElinux support
- [09/20] (3.60) Better handling for virtual images > 2gb
- [09/20] (3.60) Much improved block device handling
- [09/20] (3.60) Bugfix in script translation
- [09/20] (3.60) hijack / init.rc tweaks
- [09/20] (3.60) update to TWRP 188.8.131.52 base recovery
- [09/06] (3.53) Fixed mass_storage in recovery (via Mount menu)
- [09/06] (3.53) Added Webtop to partition backup list (optional)
- [09/06] (3.53) New virtual systems created will be 640mb (got reset 600mb)
- [09/06] (3.53) Fixed file selector when changing from internal to external storage (previously location wouldn't update)
- [09/05] (3.52) added "Reboot to Recovery" in APK
- [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
- [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)
- [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
- [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
- [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
- [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
- [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
- [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
- [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 184.108.40.206):
- [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
- [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
- [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. (Custom ROMs will need to be worked out for XT912 on JB4.1 still)
- [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
- After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
- During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
- [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
- [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
- [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
- [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
- [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 220.127.116.11 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
- [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
- [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
- [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
- [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
- [10/14] Charging in recovery
- [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS
- Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.
- The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
- The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.
SCREENSHOTS (showing slightly older TWRP base)