• 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Activate (switch to) Stock slot.
Uninstall recovery. Uninstall SS
Install new SS. Flash recovery.
Your ROM slots and backups won't be touched (since they're on sdcard and maybe sd-ext)Edit/p.s. After you're on 3.05 you can update SS while using other slots, too (unless OP changes!)

~Bionic .246 w/ SS3
  • correarc1 likes this

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#42 docluv01

docluv01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hey guys, coming from SS 2.x, I had a question regarding battery calibration.

Whenever switchign roms in past, ive always had to do a battery calibration. In this case, with ver 3.xx, so you only need to do it once? Or would you have to do it in each ROM you have installed..?

Thanks in advance!!!

#43 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

OK guys help me out here if this has been answered sorry but ok I have made a rom slot-1 now do we still go in there and format system wipe cache and wipe everything else? I guess I'm not understanding it all yet sorry :(

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#44 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

dragon for flawless install yes you should go in and do a factory reset (just remeber to back up data.) then install should boot good that way

#45 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

When you do that will it wipe the stock rom data as well at the slot you are in?

#46 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

no doesn't thouch the stock rom

#47 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

dragon for flawless install yes you should go in and do a factory reset (just remeber to back up data.) then install should boot good that way

Thank you. I'm still using SS 2.11 I can't bring myself to use 3.05 I tried it I guess I just don't understand it yet!! tell me something every thing goes on the internal side right?? my internal has 8gig is that right?? I guess someone needs to come up with a video I saw the one that hash has posted but damn sorry guys......

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#48 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

3.05 has a touch screen interface thats cool no more scrolling up and down with the volume buttons is the major change works as good and imo better then 2.11 as you have options to make more then one slot so you could run up to four different custom roms depending on you memory yes system goes on the internal side yes your internal is 8 gigs so it protecting your main system i guess hope this helps

P.S. Damn is it fast formating erasing installing ect...

#49 budpaul

budpaul

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Bootlooped but was able to restore a backup made in SS 3.05.

Edited by budpaul, 23 October 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#50 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

I have all 4 ROM slots filled up and ran into the SD card full low space issue. I experimented and you Can move a ROM slot to SD card ext and move it back and it still works fine. If you activate that slot and install another ROM in that slot you have to back that one up too. If you want to use the original ROM you have to move them back and forth swap style. Hope I didn't confuse any a y'all. The reason you move one of the slots over to sdcardext list free up internal space and get rid of the low space warning and it also speeds your phone back up.
TEXAS state of mind

#51 budpaul

budpaul

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Can't install any roms on safe side- fails every time even thought it appears to let create the space. Have tried deleting and reinstalling SS but still no go- any ideas? or ways to reset SS?

#52 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

On 246, trying to use safestrap 3.05. I install the apk and then go to open, and get 'unfortunately, safestrap has stopped' every time. I've used ss a lot before and I know I downloaded the bionic version. Even tried to delete and redo everything but I still get the error when trying to open the app.

#53 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

On 246, trying to use safestrap 3.05. I install the apk and then go to open, and get 'unfortunately, safestrap has stopped' every time. I've used ss a lot before and I know I downloaded the bionic version. Even tried to delete and redo everything but I still get the error when trying to open the app.

Do you have root?

#54 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Silly me. Your right I just used the 246 fxz and didn't re-root lol

#55 nishreen

nishreen

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Could someone help me with a small issue, which may not be an issue: I've got 246 installed via hob (house of bionic). Now using SS 3.05 with no problems, however, when I go to install any of the cm10/jb builds in any of the rom slots, i.e. "stock-cm10-20121018-unofficial-targa.zip", the SS says no md5 file found. I can get it to install without a hitch after I unclick "require md5 check".
Is this covered anywhere else, and is anyone else having this issue, or does it matter that the 246 was installed using HOB?
Any help would be great!

#56 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Hey all,

I'm just checking if this is just a me-thing. But ever since I upgraded to SS3, my cell is taking a long time between the ss3 screen with the little android, and the bootloader starting up. would anyone know why that is the case?

#57 Phoenixus

Phoenixus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

whats the best way to handle battery stats with SS3? I just installed it for the first time (no previous SS installed), installed the icarus rom and tested that out. Battery was at 90%. I rebooted and reactivated my stock rom to check something, and it shows my battery as 100% now.

#58 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

whats the best way to handle battery stats with SS3? I just installed it for the first time (no previous SS installed), installed the icarus rom and tested that out. Battery was at 90%. I rebooted and reactivated my stock rom to check something, and it shows my battery as 100% now.

I don't think there is a way to wipe battery stats as if right now but if you give it some time it sounds even itself out. That worked for me anyway.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Full Throttle

#59 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I think wiping battery stats is pointless. Whenever I swap ROMs I allow the phone to discharge to the point of shutting down and give it a full charge. My guess is, all wiping stats does is eliminate fully charged and fully discharged levels, and then they need re-established

#60 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

I think wiping battery stats is pointless. Whenever I swap ROMs I allow the phone to discharge to the point of shutting down and give it a full charge. My guess is, all wiping stats does is eliminate fully charged and fully discharged levels, and then they need re-established

Wiping battery stats does nothing for battery life from what I understand. Only how accurate the percentage is. I may be completely wrong in that though.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Full Throttle
  • thadoodahman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap recovery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users