dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

No unzip the restore root on a windows PC then run the bat file.
Make sure you have USB debugging enabled and MTP USB connection selected
It worked for me after voodoo failed.

#402 fadeds

fadeds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Yea i did to except for updating the su binary before flashing! stupid mistake!!

#403 papabliss2007

papabliss2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

i didnt update su binary. thought i did before i flashed the update but apparently not. is there a fix or do i have to wait? the update took and everything works except root.

Me too. Santa was still 1/2 asleep this morning. Checked before I rolled back to .211 and then forgot to check again. Oh well. Guess I'll sit tight until the new root exploit comes out.

Merry Christmas.

Big thanks to Matt. His rootfixer did the trick. And thanks to dave5777 for reminding me to be in MTP mode.

#404 fadeds

fadeds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

No unzip the restore root on a windows PC then run the bat file.
Make sure you have USB debugging enabled and MTP USB connection selected
It worked for me after voodoo failed.

Yea i kinda figured that after i opened it and say the .bat. Thank you guys for the help! Have a Merry effin Xmas!!

#405 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

here's my question and I have read most of the comments in this entire thread. I know overclocking is possible, because I already see a razr with an antutu score of almost 9000 with jellybean 4.1.2 and I know that all of the ics overclocking zips should work because this kernel is very close to ics, so what custom recovery options work with jellybean, if any. Otherwise I'll have to believe that the 4.1.2 that scored 9000 was a ics based jellybean rom.

POWER LEVEL 9000!!!

#406 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Battery life so far today. Before this, I would have been at 80% or less with the same or less usage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#407 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Accident,Leak, wrong kernel who effing cares
Still 100% better than cm10 with rotation issues and camera issues.

Attached Files

• bugly likes this

#408 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Is that how moto builds this stuff? I checked the Razr HD forum and saw from screenshots of their jelly bean it does say 3.0.31 as the kernel, whereas our ICS is 3.0.8. But why would they be working on, essentially, an ics-based jelly bean rom? or is the kernel updated later?

According to Wikipedia, Android 4.1 (JellyBean) is built on the 3.0.31 kernel :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Perhaps this build really WAS a mistake, and was never supposed to have been released. I'm going to watch and wait on this one.

However, unlike leaked versions 214 and 215, this one WAS pushed out via OTA to at least some of the population (even thought it looks like it was an accident). I would expect that whatever version they release next will *HAVE TO* be able to update from this one. I guess they *could* release an interim OTA update to either roll this one back, or roll it forward to the correct one. I'm not sure exactly how those updates work (can a single OTA update work against more than one version of the OS?)

#409 ldc2qt

ldc2qt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I followed all the directions to a "T" and everything works perfectly

How do you do?Can you teach me?

#410 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Perhaps this build really WAS a mistake, and was never supposed to have been released. I'm going to watch and wait on this one.

However, unlike leaked versions 214 and 215, this one WAS pushed out via OTA to at least some of the population (even thought it looks like it was an accident). I would expect that whatever version they release next will *HAVE TO* be able to update from this one. I guess they *could* release an interim OTA update to either roll this one back, or roll it forward to the correct one. I'm not sure exactly how those updates work (can a single OTA update work against more than one version of the OS?)

If you folks remember the .75 and .79 OTA Leaks, we still had the old GB kernel with the benefits of ICS. This is the same thing except this breaks the CDT.bin. SafeStrap should technically run on this as well and I am not sure why you couldn't run all your older ROMs (.211) on SS3 while being on this leak.

Unless I am missing something.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#411 DRaulie2003

DRaulie2003

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

For those who lost root, give me the out-put on the screen if it doesn't work:

Windows Only

Note: Don't have USB Mass Storage enabled.
Note 2: I reuploaded it with a fixed root checker for the end.

Thanks Matt, as always you do great work!!!! Restored root and working great.

#412 ldc2qt

ldc2qt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Thanks Matt, as always you do great work!!!! Restored root and working great.

Your success? Why am I always the failure?

#413 ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Have you fast booted back to stock

#414 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Curious what version she has, can you post what version she received this morning?

I will have to try to find out. She is out of state and called me about it because it keeps failing and sheer didn't know why. She has safe strap. I do all her rooting and modding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#415 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

yeah i realize all this I was just curious as to why. obviously this wasn't supposed to be sent out. My curiousity is just wondering why a jelly bean "leak" still has the ics kernel. Was hoping a dev could explain how this could be. Either way I took the plunge and it all seems to be working fine - camera flash, screen rotation, mms, etc. This has all the flavors of JB but on the ICS kernel.

#416 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

you are obviously not following directions. and asking other people how they did it isn't going to help you. everyone who was successful in flashing this followed matts directions. period. asking everyone to explain what they did is not going to yield anything different.

#417 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I've also noticed under language and input it came with moto Chinese input as well. Haha. Strange, but it seems to be pretty smooth. :)

#418 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Alright i updated and saved root. everything was working perfectly. but then by being me i screwed it up trying to get overclock and undervolting to work using init d. alas i used matts utility 1.82 and fastbooted back to .211. I never tried to boot it to re root because i didnt think it would boot. i did stock recovery and updated to 4.1.2. now its all running like a champ except i cant get root back, even using the root restore. Any advice from those more experienced than myself?

#419 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

I am contacting idc2qt through PM to attempt to help him out. Hopefully this will alleviate anymore frustrations on this thread.
  • mechatricity likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#420 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I forgot to update su bin before i flashed JB and ultimately lost root (SU couldn't gain root after restoring root in voodoo). Matt's patch util restored root. Thanks Matt!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users