• Please log in to reply
1212 replies to this topic

#381 rayross

rayross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Is anyone having a problem with installing update and still being on 4.0.4 after reboot

#382 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Is anyone having a problem with installing update and still being on 4.0.4 after reboot

No, mine updated fine. You don't have another file named the same on your SD card? LIke the .215 update that you're selecting by mistake?

#383 the3dolla

the3dolla

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

This SHOULD restore root lol

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Worked for me, thanks mucho! Good to know I have root back even though I don't REALLY need it. I just used it to use sqllite for hotspot and I like to use adfree/adaway too. I get a force close on a backup assistant file, someone said they erased data and now it's not giving a force close, but I don't know if it it's worth it to re-set everything up.

I was thinking "Oh yea, Jelly Bean, now we get Photosphere!" Then I realized, crap, that's under 4.2. I wonder with JB now if someone can put something together to get Photosphere installed/working? I've noticed that that was possible, but only with an ASOP rom, something like that.

#384 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

This is not the case.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

that is what i thought.

Rockin' it with SS3.05,Ikream 2.9, Licorice CM10 and Tapatalk

#385 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

Took the plunge. Followed the instructions and worked fine. Can't wait for ss3 for this. Thanks guys for the hard work. So people know, Matt's 1.81 works to flash back to .211

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#386 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

My update went smoothly until I was completely done and tried to use The Play Store app to download TIBU so I could complete my restore. It told me the Play Store App was not installed. Not sure what happened there but I was able to locate a copy on-line, download, and install it and everything has been great since. No root issues here.

Thanks for the Head's Up about SS3. I did install it and made a backup last night. It seemed to work fine but then I haven't needed to try a restore.

#387 theatomizer90

theatomizer90

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern AZ
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr, SIII, Note 10.1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Curious what version she has, can you post what version she received this morning?

Ditto.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#388 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful with each other through all this. We have had a rush of new people wanting to jump on this update and there has been a phenomenal amount of peer to peer help which is awesome. With today being Christmas, I am not sure how well staff will be able to get to everyone's needs quickly. This is very exciting for us but at the same time its a day to hang out with family, friends, and enjoy the time we have together. So please keep that in mind if you are having issues and someone isn't responding quickly. Merry Christmas to all and have a great day.
  • trikotret, hectorlumbago, mrmuggyd and 5 others like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#389 ldc2qt

ldc2qt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Worked for me, thanks mucho! Good to know I have root back even though I don't REALLY need it. I just used it to use sqllite for hotspot and I like to use adfree/adaway too. I get a force close on a backup assistant file, someone said they erased data and now it's not giving a force close, but I don't know if it it's worth it to re-set everything up.

I was thinking "Oh yea, Jelly Bean, now we get Photosphere!" Then I realized, crap, that's under 4.2. I wonder with JB now if someone can put something together to get Photosphere installed/working? I've noticed that that was possible, but only with an ASOP rom, something like that.

i used it ,but did not root for 4.1.2

#390 thearchiejam

thearchiejam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Google+:thearchie32@gmail.com
  • LocationSpanaway
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr 32GB

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Alright...so far no root for this update unless we use ota root keeper or this restore root thingy...right?lol...I will just wait patiently cuz a root for it will come soon...Merry Christmas everyone.
~The Archie~

#391 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

It is the same base kernel version (3.0.8) and is the incorrect version for JB. This is because this was never meant for release. JB is technically supposed to be based on a Linux 3.0.31

This accidentally released build you guys are running is working off the same principal a Cyanogen/AOKP build does. It takes advantage of the fact that the ICS kernel and JB kernel are technically compatible.

Is that how moto builds this stuff? I checked the Razr HD forum and saw from screenshots of their jelly bean it does say 3.0.31 as the kernel, whereas our ICS is 3.0.8. But why would they be working on, essentially, an ics-based jelly bean rom? or is the kernel updated later?

#392 ldc2qt

ldc2qt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Alright...so far no root for this update unless we use ota root keeper or this restore root thingy...right?lol...I will just wait patiently cuz a root for it will come soon...Merry Christmas everyone.

yes,but many of my app data ...Y.Y

#393 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

#394 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

yes,but many of my app data ...Y.Y

none of your posts make any sense and are getting less and less helpful
  • bjoestanley and samwelborn like this

#395 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

none of your posts make any sense and are getting less and less helpful

lol :lol:

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

#396 fadeds

fadeds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

i didnt update su binary. thought i did before i flashed the update but apparently not. is there a fix or do i have to wait? the update took and everything works except root.

#397 thearchiejam

thearchiejam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Google+:thearchie32@gmail.com
  • LocationSpanaway
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr 32GB

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

mattlgroff--I f%$ked up and restored my phone to ICS 4.04 and forgot to root it. Then I installed Jellybean...I wasnt rooted to begin with so Im stuck til another root method comes up.lol...thanks though...tried everything...nothing worked so far.
~The Archie~

#398 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

i didnt update su binary. thought i did before i flashed the update but apparently not. is there a fix or do i have to wait? the update took and everything works except root.

#399 fadeds

fadeds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Do i just flash in recovery?

#400 coletrane09

coletrane09