Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I was ready to give up a few days ago, but that "nerd" side of me wouldn't quit!

Yeah no kidding. That's what keeps me helping 47 people at the same time. ;)
  • ccrsems5 and llkevoll like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#542 ccrsems5

ccrsems5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Well said! Make sure to hit all the points. 1 wrong setting results in Fail. Especially the USB to MTP. Good luck. Keep reporting the results. We'll get it one way or another. I was ready to give up a few days ago, but that "nerd" side of me wouldn't quit!

Haha I should have gone home 3 and a half hours ago. I can't give up either, but I am getting tired. Trying option 1 again. gonna reboot before anything. then, maybe just add google account, then try option 3 again, and as always, I check every thing before I start. USB debugging, hopefully SA will be virgin after full reset. media mode. We'll see. I broke my phone earlier, so already used up my insurance, so I am stuck with this device.

#543 ccrsems5

ccrsems5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Yeah no kidding. That's what keeps me helping 47 people at the same time. ;)

And as for me, I appreciate it greatly!
  • Memnoch73 and llkevoll like this

#544 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Haha I should have gone home 3 and a half hours ago. I can't give up either, but I am getting tired. Trying option 1 again. gonna reboot before anything. then, maybe just add google account, then try option 3 again, and as always, I check every thing before I start. USB debugging, hopefully SA will be virgin after full reset. media mode. We'll see. I broke my phone earlier, so already used up my insurance, so I am stuck with this device.

No, dont setup google, just root it first.
  • ccrsems5 likes this

#545 ccrsems5

ccrsems5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

No, dont setup google, just root it first.

That may have been it, buddy! After a million tries, I am finally rooted. Sheesh. Now I am afraid to rom. Once, I was using safestrap, got confused about slots, etc. ended up with no stock rom, all screwed up.

But, this finally worked, now I can spend more hours setting it up again. But I think I may wait and see if there is a rom for this I want to use...
  • llkevoll likes this

#546 skyline090

skyline090

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

I just upgraded from rooted ICS using matts utility, option 2. I had no desire to wipe my phone. At first I was having problems with installing the root (option 3) I cleared the Smart Action data, put USB to MTP mode (thats where my hang-up was) tried the root install again! GOOD TO GO! I hope this helps some of you.
  • Memnoch73 and cmh714 like this

#547 samsels2448

samsels2448

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr with jellebean

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I downloaded the zip file and followed instructions but I cannot get it to get past the very first stage after it says press any key to continue. I have usb debugging on and had restored my phone prior. Also made sure its not in mass storage. I have a droid razr with the jb update installed just a few days ago 4.1.2. Any help would be great!

#548 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I downloaded the zip file and followed instructions but I cannot get it to get past the very first stage after it says press any key to continue. I have usb debugging on and had restored my phone prior. Also made sure its not in mass storage. I have a droid razr with the jb update installed just a few days ago 4.1.2. Any help would be great!

Did you extract the zip file to your desktop??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#549 lytznsyrnz

lytznsyrnz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD. GALAXY TAB

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Will this work on XT926?

#550 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Will this work on XT926?

NO

#551 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just a suggestion but can a Mod or Admin please edit the title of the thread to something like

[XT912-Only][ROOT][Windows] Razr Blade: Droid Razr 4.1 JB root exploit

Just figured this would save some people from coming here and asking if this is for xxxxxxxx phone.

#552 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Just a suggestion but can a Mod or Admin please edit the title of the thread to something like

[XT912-Only][ROOT][Windows] Razr Blade: Droid Razr 4.1 JB root exploit

Just figured this would save some people from coming here and asking if this is for xxxxxxxx phone.

Well, it is in the Droid Razr [XT912] area in a forum named

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

so one would think...........nah.
  • llkevoll likes this

#553 llkevoll

llkevoll

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Is it safe to update superuser after update and root?

#554 str8fan7

str8fan7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr converted to Razr Maxx

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

I did. No issues at all
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#555 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Is it safe to update superuser after update and root?

Should be fine..

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#556 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well, it is in the Droid Razr [XT912] area in a forum named

so one would think...........nah.

The biggest problem is people dont no the difference between 912 and 926 its only 14 nunbers off close enoug.

#557 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

No, the biggest problem is people don't read. If you run the batch file one of the first things you see is something to the effect "this will not work on the razr hd, m or i" (not an exact quote but that's pretty much what it says). Still, those that try come here and say it doesn't work on their Razr HD or whatever and want to know what they did wrong. If they haven't downloaded it and tried to run it, there's upmteem posts in this thread asking the same question. Yeah, the thread is long but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do a search of the thread to find out. I know this sounds a bit harsh but it's the way it is. You can't change that. So, I say it like it is. Doesn't anybody learn how to read in school anymore?
  • Memnoch73 and cmh714 like this

#558 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Many actually do read but theyre just jonesing ;) Need to ask just in case

#559 Huntr

Huntr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Just re-rooted after the JB update. Failed 1st time because was in mass storage mode. Changed to MTP, BANG! Worked perfectly. G2G! Thank you!

#560 JFolck1886

JFolck1886

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Razr Blade, an exploit that gains root access on the Motorola Droid Razr running 4.1 (Jelly Bean), is available at:

To run the exploit (currently Windows only), download and extract the entire zip file, ensure your device is connected via USB, ensure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed, ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on your device, and double-click "run.bat". PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN THE EXPLOIT CAREFULLY. Please do not re-host or modify this exploit without asking permission first, since this makes support difficult and annoying. Enjoy, Dan (@djrbliss) Paypal:

I downloaded the OTA, unfroze all my apps, uninstalled safestrap, made sure that voodoo OTA rootkeeper was all set and then ran the OTA. After about ten minutes the OTA was done installing and everything booted up good. Lost root but with voodoo it restored it no problem. I got lucky with this one. When I went from GB to ICS it was a royal pain. Just starting to play around with JB today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users