CJCHUN62

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHI
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Razr Blade, an exploit that gains root access on the Motorola Droid Razr running 4.1 (Jelly Bean), is available at:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

To run the exploit (currently Windows only), download and extract the entire zip file, ensure your device is connected via USB, ensure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed, ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on your device, and double-click "run.bat".

PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN THE EXPLOIT CAREFULLY.

Please do not re-host or modify this exploit without asking permission first, since this makes support difficult and annoying.

Enjoy,
Dan (@djrbliss)

Paypal:

I got 4.1.2 so will this work? It says for 4.1

#504 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

I got 4.1.2 so will this work? It says for 4.1

Yes it works on 4.1.2

This is the method that everyone is using to root the Jellybean OTA (98.72.16 build)

#505 CJCHUN62

CJCHUN62

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHI

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Yes it works on 4.1.2

This is the method that everyone is using to root the Jellybean OTA (98.72.16 build)

ok thanks i'll try it.

#506 fliptwister

fliptwister

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

For anyone having problems rooting this way (with 98.72.16.XT912), try a factory reset. I was on the x-mas JB leak (rooted) and did the upgrade (after temp un-root with OTA rootkeeper). I tried everything mentioned is this thread and it did not work. I was getting the same failed messages as many of the people posting here. After doing factory reset everything went smooth and now I'm rooted. Good luck!

#507 19psi

19psi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationKY
  • Current Device(s):OG RAZR

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

OK finally got it to work. I reinstalled official JB using the utility and tried to root again. still nothing, it just sat there on "waiting for device". so then I thought, wth, i'll reboot my laptop. did that, reisntalled the Moto drivers, tried again and it worked.
Just a tip for anyone having issues, maybe this will help.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.
  • DroRzr likes this

OG RAZR 

#508 llkevoll

llkevoll

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hello all,
I'm new to these forums and I have a 912 DRM. I'm pretty familiar with the rooting scene but I seemed to have an issue that no one here has yet reported or asked about. I just d/l the OTA JB update and I am attempting to get root. I have USB Debugging enabled and phone is in MTP mode. Smart Actions is a virgin version. ADB is installed and appears to be working correctly. The phone reboots after phase one but once the phone restarts, it's as if the pc doesn't recognize the restart. Essentially I'm stuck at waiting for phone to reboot... Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
KevO

#509 Yohurl

Yohurl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hey, new to forum. Trying to decide on whether or not to root. I have done it before, but I had a question and I would guess someone knows. Read most of the thread it it applied to my device. I wondered what is MTP? And if I factory wipe prior to root do I need to concern myself with the Smart actions steps? This device ( Razr MAXX) has not been rooted and I did not get the JB leak I just received OTA Friday. Lastly I wonder if this will allow me to move apps to SD card because that seems to be my biggest need (for now).

thanks.

#510 navy2x

navy2x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

Finally got it to work. I had to use a different computer. Worked first try. I was trying it on a Windows XP PC, then I used a Windows 8 machine and it worked just fine. Who knows, but I'm glad I'm now rooted.

#511 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hey, new to forum. Trying to decide on whether or not to root. I have done it before, but I had a question and I would guess someone knows. Read most of the thread it it applied to my device. I wondered what is MTP? And if I factory wipe prior to root do I need to concern myself with the Smart actions steps? This device ( Razr MAXX) has not been rooted and I did not get the JB leak I just received OTA Friday. Lastly I wonder if this will allow me to move apps to SD card because that seems to be my biggest need (for now).

thanks.

MTP is "Media Device" USB mode - when plugged in to your computer, swipe downward on your top "status bar". You should see a line that says "Connected as a Mass Storage" (this is default USB Mode). Press on that line and it will take you to three choices, "Mass Storage", "Media Device (MTP") or "Camera" - press on "Media Device" to select that for the "Razr_Blade" Exploit routine. If you try to root in Mass Storage mode, it won't work.

For Part 2 of your question, I didn't Factory Wipe so I'm not sure but this link takes you to a great thread about the exploit:

- take your time, read it over slowly and it works! Good Luck...
Regards, Jim D

#512 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

thanks.

MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is the mode you have to have your phone set to when you root. To do it, you plug it in to your computer, then drag down the notification bar and select the USB thing in there. This will allow you to set tit to MTP mode. As for the Smart Actions steps, yes, you want to do them. Even if you didn't have to; why wouldn't you? It only takes a few seconds to get them done. Follow the directions and you'll get it done. ;)
  • Krussell1 likes this

#513 bracketslash

bracketslash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Worked fine for me. Thank you :-)

#514 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Nexus7

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Edit; Smart Actions in the updated version will NOT work with the Razr_Blade exploit. If you've already updated Smart Actions and haven't yet rooted, you'll need to fastboot back to stock earlier version of Smart Actions using Matt L. Groff's DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!), and choose option 2 (which will not wipe the phone's data). This will replace the existing OS with the earlier Smart Actions. Once completed, run the option 3, to root, and then (if you so choose), option 4 to install Safestrap.
Last edited by FoxKat; Yesterday at 05:34 PM. Go to foxkat jell ban forum!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

• DanAgnew likes this

#515 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Edit; Smart Actions in the updated version will NOT work with the Razr_Blade exploit. If you've already updated Smart Actions and haven't yet rooted, you'll need to fastboot back to stock earlier version of Smart Actions using Matt L. Groff's DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!), and choose option 2 (which will not wipe the phone's data). This will replace the existing OS with the earlier Smart Actions. Once completed, run the option 3, to root, and then (if you so choose), option 4 to install Safestrap.
Last edited by FoxKat; Yesterday at 05:34 PM. Go to foxkat jell ban forum!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

This is incorrect. You just need to clear data under manage apps for smart actions. Razr Blade works fine on the OTA after doing this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#516 pidow

pidow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

Hello,
On razr maxx XT910, version: 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU
Smartaction : V4.2.2.5.0 (can't downgrade)

[*] Phase four...
1032 KB/s (91992 bytes in 0.087s)
3440 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.530s)
3525 KB/s (574184 bytes in 0.159s)
3116 KB/s (63838 bytes in 0.020s)
[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/data/com.moto
arJarDex.jar: Permission denied
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to exit.
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

Seems not work with EU OTA, no ?

#517 Nockz

Nockz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPlauen [Germany]
  • Current Device(s):RAZR

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Yes...getting the same Errors on EU OTA (Vodafone & Retail)... tried at least 10 times.... with Windows at 3 Computers & Ubuntu 12.10/10.04... unfortunately no success

#518 qweesy

qweesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

US VERIZON Model ,Yes im getting "SU binary not found" error it installs SU and recovery states 1/1 that IM rooted and have been rooted before when you open SuperSU in the app drawer you get this message "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it.This is a problem!"

I just fastbooted to 98.72.16 wiped factory reset and wiped cache 3 different times now......still the same issue evertime i try to root with RAZRblade....... any info on this

I also tried mattlegroff's fix root and it did not work either

#519 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

US VERIZON Model ,Yes im getting "SU binary not found" error it installs SU and recovery states 1/1 that IM rooted and have been rooted before when you open SuperSU in the app drawer you get this message "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it.This is a problem!"

I just fastbooted to 98.72.16 wiped factory reset and wiped cache 3 different times now......still the same issue evertime i try to root with RAZRblade....... any info on this

Some people had to run the exploit several times for it to finally work. The other option is Matts new utility, which will reset you back to Full JB and then in the utility he also has Dans razr blade....

#520 qweesy

qweesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Some people had to run the exploit several times for it to finally work. The other option is Matts new utility, which will reset you back to Full JB and then in the utility he also has Dans razr blade....

thing is ive tried it mutiple times ill try matts new? utility after I fastboot once more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users