17 replies to this topic

#1 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

So I felt a little brave this morning and thought I'd mess with the ROM Toolbox notification background theme changer just to see what the process is like. Despite the warning that this might not play nice on my current ROM or theme I went ahead and installed. HUGE mistake!!!!!! Imediately upon reboot things started failing across the board. Data, Marketplace, apps...you name it. Spent about 10 minutes force closing apps before my phone settled down. Booted into Bootstrap and back to square 1 now and starting over from scratch.

The moral of the story is.....

There is no moral. Just stay away from the notification background theme changer!!! :D

#2 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Haha I like the moral of the story. Sucks that you had to start from scratch but glad you were able to get back up and running. I thought about checking out some of those options but never had the guts to.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#3 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Lol that's always exciting. Were you not able to restore through rom toolbox? I'm pretty sure it backs up your framework-res.apk and all just in case.

Sent from my XT912
  • PillClinton likes this

#4 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Lol that's always exciting. Were you not able to restore through rom toolbox? I'm pretty sure it backs up your framework-res.apk and all just in case.

Sent from my XT912

Seconded, pretty sure Rom Toolbox backs up your current theme/icons, etc. At least in the pro version it does. However, like Thach, I've simply avoided messing with anything I get warned isn't compatible with the Razr so it hasn't been an issue for me (yet).

#5 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Haha I like the moral of the story. Sucks that you had to start from scratch but glad you were able to get back up and running. I thought about checking out some of those options but never had the guts to.

Stay way Thach. Stay away. :P

#6 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Let me know what your trying to change and what rom and I'll see what I can do.
  • PillClinton likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#7 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

Backed up but couldn't restore thru Toolbox since the force close kept popping up anytime I tried opening an app. Great start to my Sunday morning. LOL!!

#8 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Thanks Mopar! I'm running Abysm 1.1 and 24v's Icy Blue. I'm more than happy with 24v's theme though. It was just me trying to branch out a bit and experimenting. I'm not even sure exactly which background I selected. Just picked one at random.

I do have a question though. When you're theming (Take Abysm 1.1 in this case) are you limited to theming whatever DT already has on the ROM like the notification background in this case or can you add a completely new background of your choosing? Just curious.

#9 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Backed up but couldn't restore thru Toolbox since the force close kept popping up anytime I tried opening an app. Great start to my Sunday morning. LOL!!

Ah well I can see where that might be a problem. Its always exciting g when you play a little Russian roulette with your phone though haha!

Sent from my XT912

#10 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Ah well I can see where that might be a problem. Its always exciting g when you play a little Russian roulette with your phone though haha!

Sent from my XT912

LOL!!! Part of the process of shedding my noobishness. Can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs I guess.

#11 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Haha! Exactly. I love testing things out like that though. Its always more fun when you don't know what's going to happen :lol:

Sent from my XT912

#12 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

Can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs I guess.

My House......

Posted Image

#13 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Mopar! I'm running Abysm 1.1 and 24v's Icy Blue. I'm more than happy with 24v's theme though. It was just me trying to branch out a bit and experimenting. I'm not even sure exactly which background I selected. Just picked one at random.

I do have a question though. When you're theming (Take Abysm 1.1 in this case) are you limited to theming whatever DT already has on the ROM like the notification background in this case or can you add a completely new background of your choosing? Just curious.

Since your on 24v's theme, you might want to talk to him about the background...i was thinking you were on stock.
As far as limits....this is a tricky question
Anything you see is possible to change..such as color images etc....as far as how things are set up then its possible, but i wont touch it. I leave things like this up to the developer. example would be to move his notification toggles to the bottom....stuff like this i wont touch....but to change the color or images used in the toggles i will.... Does this answer your question?
A good example would be to take 24v's theme and compare it to stock...if its changed then theres your answer :)
  • raijin32 likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

#14 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

My House......

Posted Image

please tell me you at lease brought the chicken?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

#15 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

My House......

Posted Image

LMAO!!!

#16 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Since your on 24v's theme, you might want to talk to him about the background...i was thinking you were on stock.
As far as limits....this is a tricky question
Anything you see is possible to change..such as color images etc....as far as how things are set up then its possible, but i wont touch it. I leave things like this up to the developer. example would be to move his notification toggles to the bottom....stuff like this i wont touch....but to change the color or images used in the toggles i will.... Does this answer your question?
A good example would be to take 24v's theme and compare it to stock...if its changed then theres your answer :)

Yup! Answers it perfectly!

#17 BowlingGuy86

BowlingGuy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

I Use Rom Toolbox to change the color of the status bar, color of the 3G/4G, Wifi icons, and as long as you use the same battery increments as your rom, (IE: Stock = 20%).
I think its a nice little tool to let you change the look of your most looked at part of your screen.
SOME ISSUES, that I have found so far...

Changing the signal strength bar colors currently is NOT working on STOCK roms.

If you change the status bar color to transparent you will end up with fading text and icons in your bar that can build up enough to distract from your text, although some may prefer this to provide a "ghost text" effect, also, if you change to any color of bar after setting transparent, it will keep the transparent settings, until you reload your backup of the stock bar, then change the color.
I am attaching a couple pics of what i am using on my stock 6.12.173
I would love to see if anyone has had any better luck changing the stock Signal Strength icons/colors for the stock updates.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

353.64KB   16 downloads

365.45KB   18 downloads

404.34KB   15 downloads

344.43KB   9 downloads

#18 bostonXgeorgeX

bostonXgeorgeX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

how did you get your $#!+ back to normal didnt back my theme up and force closes rom toolbox and has no sound all sound is lcked and status bar closes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users