Photo

[Trick] Boot Loop Life Saver (Battery Charge Workaround)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainKn0tz

CaptainKn0tz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

I apologize if this is already a known trick but I could not find it posted anywhere. I discovered it by just playing around while my phone was in bootloop. It is a nifty little trick that can be a life saver.

Did you just flash something you were not supposed to, and now your stuck in a bootloop with no PC in sight to fastboot your phone?? Oh no!! If you don't get your phone fastbooted quick, your battery is going to drain and you're going to be SOL!! Or are you....

I found a way to get the phone to boot into power-off charge mode so that you can keep a charge on your battery until you have time to get to a PC to do a fastboot!!

1. Unplug you device
2. Reset your phone by holding vol down + power for approximately 10 seconds
3. Once your device powers down, release vol down and power, then very quickly press and hold vol up + vol down + power to boot into fastboot
4. Press vol down to highlight the SBF option
5. Press vol up to select SBF
6. Plug your device in
7. Hold the power button for about 3 seconds and release. Your device should power off. You may have to repeat this step a few times to get the device to turn off
8. Your device should now boot into power-off charge mode and begin charging
9. Once you unplug your charger at this point (whether or not you wait for the battery to fully charge), your device will remain in a powered down state and not consume the battery's remaining charge

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK: Try the whole thing all over again. You may need to do this a few times for it to work. Unplug the phone with each new attempt.

Also, I'm not sure if steps 5 and 6 are necessary or not, this is just the way that it worked for me. If someone can confirm that these steps are not necessary, I will update the OP to reflect accordingly.

Good Luck!!
  • The Kid likes this

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well you can go to Recovery instead of SBF and just wipe data then reboot. But might be nice to have more than one method.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 CaptainKn0tz

CaptainKn0tz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the tip Batman. I did do exactly that at first, but unfortunatly I am still stuck in boot loop. I was flashing Abysm ROM v1.1, but also flashed the 1% battery mod in the same CWM session which DT specified explicitly NOT to do. I just wanted to post this tip up in case anyone (like myself) didn't follow instructions and flashed something that couldn't be fixed with a data wipe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users