Photo

New To Droid Phone...i Need A Suggestion For Which Rom I Should Get?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 morgan23

morgan23

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

This is my first droid phone and i want to get a ROM that is simple and BUG FREE! My phone is rooted running .173 stock and i have razor bootstrap recovery installed. if yall have any suggestions that would be great!!
I had an iphone 4 before the razor so im still learning all about this amazing phone!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

That's not really a question that can be answered.

Just look at the different ROMs and decide which one you like best. Flash all of them (that's what most of us do) then settle on the one that suited your needs/wants best.

:-D :-D

#3 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Maybe I can help. I think right now there are 5 roms that are built for 173.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This rom is based on Ice Cream Sandwich, and is still an Alpha. You need to reset your connection each time you reboot, and the camera and USB mounting do not work.

This rom is very similiar to the one above, but with less go fast mods (I think). It has the same issues as Axiom with USB and camera.

This rom will take your stock 173 system and remove a lot of the bloat. There are 2 versions and you choose which you want by how much bloat you want to remove. This rom is Gingerbread based, and will keep a mostly stock look, just with less bloat.

This rom is also based on Gingerbread. This rom with theme and change most everything in your phone. Look at the screenshots in the thread.

This rom is very similiar to Clutch in that it has the same speed tweaks, etc. It is also based on Gingerbread.

Those are not in any particular order. You can also flash the roms that are 748 based but you will lose bluetooth functionality.
If you want easy, trouble free, newb flashing, I would stick with the Gingerbread baed roms until all the kinks are worked out of the ICS builds. If you want latest and greatest, and you are comfortable messing with your phone, try out an ICS based rom.

They really are all great. We have a great group of developers here working on our phones.
  • bill15872 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users