Have A Broken Screen?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

Here is a good website to get a new screen for your RAZR/Maxx.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Now if you are in this position, I have replaced 11 screens.

32.53KB   19 downloads

If you want someone to fix your screen I will do it for you. PM me for details.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hey DDX...looks like this website doesn't sell just the glass. Any ideas? No experience...but feel comfortable doing it myself.

#3 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hey DDX...looks like this website doesn't sell just the glass. Any ideas? No experience...but feel comfortable doing it myself.

Well it depends. If you can find a RAZR that is bricked or maxx . Buy it cause both screens will work. Or just search Google is the best option IMO.

#4 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

Well it depends. If you can find a RAZR that is bricked or maxx . Buy it cause both screens will work. Or just search Google is the best option IMO.

Thanks for the reply...unfortunately not finding anything that's bricked. Really only finding phones with broken screen or good ones, which are pricey. I'll keep an eye out, but gonna start going through the moto repair process...maybe.

#5 chuckyteets

chuckyteets

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

So I just smashed up mine pretty good this weekend. The screen is broken and will not light up. The home/menu/etc buttons seem to work (I can get them to buzz when I push them during a hard reboot). The phone appears to be working well behind the scenes. It is receiving calls and texts and the notification light is blinking. Do I need the screen + digitizer combo? Seems like a lot when I can find a used phone for 300ish on the ol craigslist.. Thanks

#6 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

So I just smashed up mine pretty good this weekend. The screen is broken and will not light up. The home/menu/etc buttons seem to work (I can get them to buzz when I push them during a hard reboot). The phone appears to be working well behind the scenes. It is receiving calls and texts and the notification light is blinking. Do I need the screen + digitizer combo? Seems like a lot when I can find a used phone for 300ish on the ol craigslist.. Thanks

Yeah its all your preference. There are some cheaper ones out there you just have to find them. If you can find a cheap RAZR you can swap the screens and have a backup guts in case something happens or sell it.

#7 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

In sending mine in to moto. $125 for screen replacement or $159 for screen/LCD replacement. Can't beat the price. I've scoured the net looking for parts and give up.

I'll add that my screen is shattered. A screen protector plus tape holds it together but the LCD works perfectly. It sounds like your LCD is shot.
  • chuckyteets likes this

#8 chuckyteets

chuckyteets

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

In sending mine in to moto. $125 for screen replacement or $159 for screen/LCD replacement. Can't beat the price. I've scoured the net looking for parts and give up.

Wow how do they do it for 159 total when parts everywhere are at least 220?? That's awesome. Did you just do it through their site (do you have a link) or did you take it somewhere? I'll probably just do that.

#9 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Wow how do they do it for 159 total when parts everywhere are at least 220?? That's awesome. Did you just do it through their site (do you have a link) or did you take it somewhere? I'll probably just do that.

That's parts/labor minus tax. I went thru moto's support website but here's the email they responded with: motorola-reply@mailwc.custhelp.com.

I'm calling today to complete the process.

#10 chuckyteets

chuckyteets

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

That's parts/labor minus tax. I went thru moto's support website but here's the email they responded with: motorola-reply@mailwc.custhelp.com.

I'm calling today to complete the process.

Alright they hooked me up with an RMA number and charged my CC. Just have to ship it in now. I think I was only charged 159 (no tax). Thanks for the heads up on this, I would have never though to go back to motorola. I figured they'd be a lot more expensive.

#11 joeygunnarson

joeygunnarson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

can you replace headphone jacks?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#12 spike g

spike g

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

i just googled it and you can find the glass for under 50 bucks with free shipping...

#13 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

i just googled it and you can find the glass for under 50 bucks with free shipping...

I found many places but all out of stock or had requirements to buy multiple pieces

#14 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

can you replace headphone jacks?

Lol have you seen the pick above :P Yes I can replace any part on pretty much any phone.

#15 joeygunnarson

joeygunnarson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

OK sorry :/ haha and do you know were to buy it and do you charge anything for replacing it?

#16 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

OK sorry :/ haha and do you know were to buy it and do you charge anything for replacing it?

Pm me I will drum you up a price. Thus is how I work. I will send you a prepaid FedEx box. You send it to me. I will order the part and have it shipped to my house . I fix it and send it back like you gave it to me but fully working! I do charge a small fee. Its not a lot trust me.

#17 novakdesolation

novakdesolation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

For the 125, is that just the glass? And did they tell you a turn around time?

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

For the 125, is that just the glass? And did they tell you a turn around time?

Correct. Moto quoted up to 5 days from the time they receive the phone to repair. They also paid for 2nd day air shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users