7 replies to this topic

#1 johnv331

johnv331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

I used mattlg's utility app and rooted my razr.. I installed voodoo ota root keeper and bootstrap. Bootstrap installed fine, given su and recovery installed.

i went to make a back up and everything stretch going OK. I started backing to system, and then data then i got an error saying "no sdcard/android.secure found, skipping backup of apps on external storage " then another error saying "no sd-ext found_ skipping backup of sd-ext" then it said backup complete.

I tried to do a restore and got an error restoring system..

I tried searching but can't find any solutions as to why the backups fail to restore.. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

#2 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

I used mattlg's utility app and rooted my razr.. I installed voodoo ota root keeper and bootstrap. Bootstrap installed fine, given su and recovery installed.

i went to make a back up and everything stretch going OK. I started backing to system, and then data then i got an error saying "no sdcard/android.secure found, skipping backup of apps on external storage " then another error saying "no sd-ext found_ skipping backup of sd-ext" then it said backup complete.

I tried to do a restore and got an error restoring system..

I tried searching but can't find any solutions as to why the backups fail to restore.. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

The error no sd-ext found_ skipping backup of sd-ext is normal, nothing to worry about. There is a problem with restoring system when do a full restore. However, you can do an Advance Restore and select System by itself without any issues.

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#3 johnv331

johnv331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

I've never done an advanced restore, do system and data from the advanced menu?
Thanks

#4 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I've never done an advanced restore, do system and data from the advanced menu?
Thanks

After you a regular restore...then you get the system error, then you can go into the Advanced menu and select the individual areas to restore like system/data/etc. You just need to select system to restore and you're good to go.

#5 johnv331

johnv331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

OK, so after getting the error about restoring system, I went into the advanced menu and selected system. Gave the same error when restoring. It appears that I can't do any type of system restore.. Should I try RDS to return my system to work factory instead of Matts utility?

#6 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

OK, so after getting the error about restoring system, I went into the advanced menu and selected system. Gave the same error when restoring. It appears that I can't do any type of system restore.. Should I try RDS to return my system to work factory instead of Matts utility?

You cannot do a system restore, you can only restore data and everything else but system.

#7 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

You will always see that unless you partition your SDCard with a apps2sd partition.

Its normal and nothing to worry about. Wipe cache and dalvik before you make the backup though... Saves you a headache when restoring it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#8 johnv331

johnv331

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

I really apprecieate your guys help but need to know if this is gonna work. I made a backup aftef k restored my system then installed D3T's clutch mode. I made a backup of thst then instslled eclipse. I want to go back to clutch but sincr my restores arent working im stumped.
can this be done from the mods/roms on the phone. Sorry for all the questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users