• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rangerm

rangerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

I have an original MAXX, and use FoxFi when I need it (which admittedly isn't often, but handy when I do)

The one question I haven't seen answered in all the threads around the internet pertaining to FoxFi and JB is what is the specific technical reason FoxFi doesn't work? (assuming the reason is known)

Is it JB-specific, or is it blocked when Android gets "Verizon-ized" on a Droid Razr?

I keep wondering how--if the base operating system doesn't block FoxFi--Verizon can block it when the courts have already ruled they can't? Or have I misinterpreted the court's ruling?

I have a limited (to 4gb/month) account. Can Verizon block my legitimate 3rd-party tethering app, but once a work-around is discovered they can't? That doesn't make sense to me.

The delay after the recent JB leak in December (that disables FoxFi on the original Razr) makes me wonder if Verizon will correct this flaw, or if I'll have to go to the Verizon store and have them "unblock" my wifi tether since my account is limited.

Does anyone have any insights, or seen anything I may have missed? Thanks.

#2 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

don't know the tech stuff about foxfi,nor the legal things,but all you have to do is use sqlite hack for tether

#3 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Just use another method to tether. Sqlite hack as mentioned, I'm running the eclipse ROM (still ICS) which it's enabled through the settings (probably by sqlite), so I'm sure most other ROMs do as well. There are other apps that should work too.

#4 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Well, since youre not unlimited, the verizon tether program is free to use and has no limits.
  • silvrbullt1 likes this

Posted Image

#5 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

please anyone help me on this. i have a RAZR M and i did the sqlite thing to enable the wifi hotspot. it turns on just fine but when a device connects to it, it only has limited conectivity. in that it connects but has no internet access. you can't run browser, pandora, etc.. at all. i have also a RAZR Maxx and i just use Wifi Tether app without the sqlite hack and all is just fine with connected devices. did verizon do something to the RAZR M software that prevents tethering when you have an unlimited plan? is there no way to bypass this? i have tried every single wifi tethering app i could find on the market and to no avail it just doesn't work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users