9 replies to this topic

#1 A427041

A427041

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Was hoping someone can provide instructions on how to run 'good for enterprise' while rooted on .173 release? Is there anyway to hide SU / or to Hoax this app at all?

Thanks

#2 jagri44451

jagri44451

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Long press the icon Yin those app drawer and select hide

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Long press the icon Yin those app drawer and select hide

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm assuming it is an app that detects root to let the IT staff at a company know you've potentially made your device unsecure. Hiding it in the app drawer won't do any good.

@OP: I will not recommend circumventing your companies security policies as they are put their for a reason. Business networks can contain highly confidential information that they can not afford to risk. Take the following as in theory only, as you'll find these ideas if you look into it more anyways. I'm not familiar with the software. If it does a single check at install, you could simply temporarily unroot with OTA Rootkeeper then re-root. If it runs a continuous service, you would likely need to decompile it, find where it checks for root, and either prevent the check or generate a false response.

#4 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Are you willing to risk your job just to have a rooted phone? I'm not..<br /><br />Sent from my Motorola Razr XT910

Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#5 BillerDude

BillerDude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@BillerDude

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

WOW, good thing I stumbled upon this thread! I just go a RAZR and was thinking of rooting it to get HotSpot enabled. It didn't even cross my mind that having my phone on my company network would be an issue!

#6 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Luckily the two main reasons regular users root their phones are available now without rooting. There are both wifi-tethering and screenshot apps in the market that do not require root access.

:-D :-D

#7 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

If your IT dept has the root check enabled, then youre going to have to unroot to pass the check and access your mobile email. There is no known way to bypass it while you are actively rooted. Temp unroot as suggested above is the best way to get the best of both worlds.

A good point was also made about security and confidential information -- it is possible that you could be terminated by violating their information use policies. That may not be the case at your company, but you should know all the risks associated with breaking or trying to game the system.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#8 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

You could always do what I did... screw email on your phone and buy a XOOM and use GOOD on that lol

Now that's hacking dedication!

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#9 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

What I did is to set my exchange server to forward emails to my personal email account when I am on leave or business trip.

Not as nice as having the actual email access, but at least I know what I need to do when I return From my vacation.

Sent from my Motorola Razr XT910
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#10 French

French

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Luckily the two main reasons regular users root their phones are available now without rooting. There are both wifi-tethering and screenshot apps in the market that do not require root access.

Which screenshot app?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users