Photo

Help Req: Disable Full Charge Notification?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TBacker

TBacker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'd LOVE to disable the fully-charged beep and LED.

I know this is possible via the StatusBarPolicy, but I'm still newish to reading java code, and I can't seem to figure out where to disable this in the smali file.

The last thing I tried was to short-circuit the playBatteryBeep method with a return-void, but it didn't make a difference. I started looking at the other battery related methods, but unlike most other manufacturers, Motorola has no clear-cut (human decipherable) references to a fully charged condition in this code.

Any developers have a tip on this?

#2 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

I'd LOVE to disable the fully-charged beep and LED.

I know this is possible via the StatusBarPolicy, but I'm still newish to reading java code, and I can't seem to figure out where to disable this in the smali file.

The last thing I tried was to short-circuit the playBatteryBeep method with a return-void, but it didn't make a difference. I started looking at the other battery related methods, but unlike most other manufacturers, Motorola has no clear-cut (human decipherable) references to a fully charged condition in this code.

Any developers have a tip on this?

If I'm not mistaken there is an option under Settings> Sounds to turn it off. On my Gnex today but if memory serves me it is the last item on the list in Sound settings

#3 TBacker

TBacker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

Since the last update to 2.3.6, that option doesn't do anything. I've tried checked and unchecked - no diff.

Also since 2.3.6, that option has a note under it "(not applicable for USB charger)".

I think this is some kind of B.S. "green" move to encourage (or irritate into making...) users to unplug their phones AND chargers when the battery is full.

#4 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Worked just fine for me on the 6.12.173 build. I have no sound notification or LED on. can't test it anymore as I've moved on to Eclipse ROM now and its working the same way for me.

I agree tho it would not surprise me if the tree huggers working over there thought it is a good idea. Which mind you is silly seeing as the devices are designed to stop charging once full.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users