• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rangerm

rangerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Got a Razr Maxx (and just learning to use a smartphone/Android for the first time), so bear with me is if this is a bit basic.

Is there a way to differentiate between notifications for emails and text messages? I've seen you can turn off notifications for specific email accounts, but I'm not sure if that only defeats the sound (for emails) or everything.

Ideally, I'd like the phone to play a sound when I get a text, and either play a different sound or maybe no sound when I get an email.

Thanks.

#2 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

I know there are other apps that can do this, but I use lightflow. With lightflow you can modify the led color, ringtone, and vibration pattern for all different notifications. Paid version is well worth the money if you are too limited with free version. Somebody else jump in if you know another app that can help the OP out.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#3 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

In your email app, say Gmail, go into your settings. In Gmail you choose the account you want to change. In there you can choose your ringtone or vibration on/off settings.

For the regular email app that should be under settings as well. Most apps like that give you an option in the settings to alter the notification from default settings.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R]

#4 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Another option is to look at getting different apps for SMS and email. I use GO SMS Pro (which requires GO Launcher, both free) for messages, and it allows custom settings for both notification sound and LED. I just started using K-9 email and while it allows custom notification sounds, it doesn't appear to use the LED at all, which I don't like. Anyway, trying different apps from the Android Market is another way to go.

#5 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Another option is to look at getting different apps for SMS and email. I use GO SMS Pro (which requires GO Launcher, both free) for messages, and it allows custom settings for both notification sound and LED. I just started using K-9 email and while it allows custom notification sounds, it doesn't appear to use the LED at all, which I don't like. Anyway, trying different apps from the Android Market is another way to go.

Go SMS does not require go launcher. You can use it with any launcher with or without go launcher isntalled.

Also, check out light flow. It's for root users but it works. And it has a lot of options as far as notifications go. There is a free version as well as a paid one.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#6 sparkie

sparkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Anyone know of a messaging app that can send 1 minute videos as a text or email?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users