• 83 posts
  • Twitter:@sdubs317
  • Locationcuse
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I originally came across this exploit over @ xda in this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

so thanks to jimmydafish for posting...

Standard Disclaimer: Neither I or droidrzr.com are responsible if your device bricks and becomes an expensive paperweight.

To change the logo you need adb and motorola drivers setup. Once you have that done or already have it set up follow the steps below...
  • Download a new logo from

(few that I've put together).
  • Find the downloaded logo and move it into the platform-tools folder where adb is located (for example the directory I use is C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools).
  • Open a command window in the platform-tools directory (if using windows right click on the platform-tools folder while holding shift down).
  • Put phone into fastboot mode (power off then hold down volume down then power button for 3 sec).
  • Connect via usb cable.
  • Now in the command window type the following command: fastboot flash logo logo.img (where logo.img is the name of the boot logo so if I were flashing my parental advisory logo I would type fastboot flash logo parental_advisory.img).
  • It should only take a second to flash and should say if it flashed ok and it should tell you it's finished. Now type fastboot reboot and enjoy your new boot logo.

• Prymaldark and M3ntalPurg3 like this

Help Support & Donate!

#2 s.dubs

s.dubs

Team Rage Developer

• Developer
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:@sdubs317
  • Locationcuse
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

If there is a specific logo you would like, shoot me a PM with the image and I'll help you out. If you would like to create your own logo follow the steps below (I use photoshop to make these things so below instructions are for photoshop, although there are some other programs out there that will do what you need them to).
  • Open photoshop and create a new project and make the size 540x540 (final image must be 540x540 or it will not display properly). Background can be any color you'd like; the first pixel determines the color of the background.
  • Now copy and paste your image on the background you just created.
  • Resize the image if need be and do any other editing you want.
  • Before you save the image you need to invert blues to red and vice versa. In the top menu select image>adjustments>channel mixer. Your output channel should be on red, if not select it. Now change the red value from 100 to 0 and the blue value from 0 to 100. Now select the blue output channel and change the red value from 0 to 100 and the blue value from 100 to 0.
  • Now save the file and select the .raw extension. Rename it to your liking and give it the .img extension.

BTW... since I now own a RAZR m I plan on getting some roms out there so be on the look out... also working on more inverted goodness for this thing... and i have an

on the market that will be updated later this week with tons more icons, if you like my work please consider purchasing a paid version, it would sure as hell help me justify to my wife why I sit in front of the computer for hours at a time! Support your devs and get mad cool $#!+ in return!
  • Prymaldark and M3ntalPurg3 like this

Help Support & Donate!

#3 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

abrahams made a utility for this back in the day. heres the thread get with him and maybe you to can get it rolling again

Posted Image

#4 PomPWNius

PomPWNius

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

My bootlogo background is red, how do I make it black? 

#5 pbanj

pbanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

is it one you made?

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Go here

[How-To]-Create-Your-Own-Bootlogo-(RazrHD,-RazrM,-RazrOG,-Bionic-Sizing)#entry286403

And use Photoshop or Gimp to edit your image...... :)

... telekinetically tapped, tenaciously traversing the terrain ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#7 PomPWNius

PomPWNius

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

is it one you made?

yes it is

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boot logos, splash screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users