extended power menu?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

im trying to finish up a rom here... and i got into the task of searching as to how to mod the power menu... i found some treads... abut they all are for gingerbread and such... im not a developer... but im a good direction follower... so if someone would please teach me and im guessing anyone who dares to try modding the phone... how or what files to modify would be greatly appreciated ... i know it is in framework because all treads say so. but i cant find the xml file they ask for... i got a reboot.apk im gussing im in some kind of right direction i just need to move it to the right place. thank you all for even reading this.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

I remember researching this before. Let me check and see if I bookmarked the info I found.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#3 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

DLuke did one for the bionic here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

he was able to do it with just android.policy.jar. i've been wanting to do this for the razr m also, but attempting to edit smali code makes my head hurt :P
  • tmyinc likes this

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

DLuke did one for the bionic here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

he was able to do it with just android.policy.jar. i've been wanting to do this for the razr m also, but attempting to edit smali code makes my head hurt :P

Hmm maybe that's where I saw it. Nice find! I wouldnt even attempt smalli edits lol.

#5 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Hmm maybe that's where I saw it. Nice find! I wouldnt even attempt smalli edits lol.

lol i think you kinda have to know java to be able to decipher smali code. i don't have anything more than a very general understanding of java, and seem to keep putting off learning it for some reason; laziness i guess :/

#6 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

lol i think you kinda have to know java to be able to decipher smali code. i don't have anything more than a very general understanding of java, and seem to keep putting off learning it for some reason; laziness i guess :/

I'm still in the process of learning but far from knowing what I am doing lol.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

#7 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Breaking stuff is how I been learning... I know 1000 different ways NOT to do things... I'll give it a shot and I'll update.. if I figure it out I might do a .zip file for everyone to use...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#8 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

ok update... the file that needs to be mod is android.policy.jar inside there is a classes.dex i modded it... based on the link you provided... it works but im getting FC in other apps.. so i will need a little more time.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#9 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

ok update... the file that needs to be mod is android.policy.jar inside there is a classes.dex i modded it... based on the link you provided... it works but im getting FC in other apps.. so i will need a little more time.

You can take the android.policy.jar out of flyingjelly and use it as a reference if you want. We just got the reboot option working today. Just let me or t3t3 know if you need any help. We'd be glad to!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop and tmyinc like this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#10 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

You can take the android.policy.jar out of flyingjelly and use it as a reference if you want. We just got the reboot option working today. Just let me or t3t3 know if you need any help. We'd be glad to!

Thank you... i bet this would make it so much easier...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#11 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I tried flashing this over a running ROM... and it FC the user apps... i wonder if maybe reinstalling the apps would fix that problem... there it is the update of the day. thank you all guy for the help provided... tomorrow i will try and see if it needs to be in a clean rom.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users