5 replies to this topic

#1 yaddam205

yaddam205

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

I am needing to wipe a razr M with an unresponsive broken screen. I have done some research and the phone is not in debug mode so rooting the device is out. I am able to do a soft reset on the phone, but unable to do a hard reset. What's the best way to get into the fastboot menu? The phone cannot be turned off.

Thanks in advance.

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Well if you cannot see anything with the broken screen you will just have to hope this works lol. Hold all the buttons down (power and both volume buttons) for about 10 seconds. Press volume down twice then volume up. You should be into fastboot now. Plug phone into PC and see if it recognizes your device ad being in fastboot. Now you can run rsd lite and the sbf and the phone will be stock. I'm assuming you are doing this to return the phone so no need to worry about it booting back up or anything. The phone will be wiped and no signs of root (if you were rooted) will be there except the qe counter.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#3 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

hold power and vol- until it powers off than let the power go and keep pressing vol- it will take you straight to AP-Fasboot

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#4 yaddam205

yaddam205

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Looks like ADB kicked in! Thank you gents. I'll play with this in the morning.

If I did want to read the text messages off here I now have the ability correct?

#5 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Looks like ADB kicked in! Thank you gents. I'll play with this in the morning.

If I did want to read the text messages off here I now have the ability correct?

if you bricked... and was able to get to fastboot.. i say fastboot and start over... you might of gotten lucky... (been there, done that)
  • tmyinc likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#6 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

if you bricked... and was able to get to fastboot.. i say fastboot and start over... you might of gotten lucky... (been there, done that)

Very true. If the fastboot screen is visible then its probably not a broken screen. Fxz'ing might bring it back to life lol. :rolleyes:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users