7 replies to this topic

#1 Vader's fury

Vader's fury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I am not sure what I did wrong but here is what happened.

I was trying to install the eclipse rom for 2.3.6. I went through the whole deal to download it to my computer then transfer to my phone external sd car.

I am using safestrap.

Went in and enabled the safe system.
Wiped Data/factory reset
Wiped cache partition
formated system
Wiped dalvik cache

When I went to install the zip from my sd card it said error and unable to install.

I figured I must have messed up when transfering to my phone so I pulled up the stock rooted backup copy that i made when I originally rooted my phone a couple of days ago and it said the same thing.

I went to go back to the main menu to start all over again accidentally hit the reboot system now.

Phone rebooted and i got distracted and missed hitting menu button when the clockwork mod recovery came up.

Now phone is black screen and I can not get it to do anything at all. Battery was fully charged when I started. Not sure what to do now. Any help is greatly appriciated.

#2 dustincook87

dustincook87

Dedicated Supporter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

sounds like you need a moto factory cable

#3 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Phone rebooted and i got distracted and missed hitting menu button when the clockwork mod recovery came up.

Now phone is black screen and I can not get it to do anything at all. Battery was fully charged when I started. Not sure what to do now. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Make sure you do a hard reset if you can't get the phone to reboot. Volume Down + Power for like 15 seconds I think.

Redownload the Eclipse rom, and verify you are using the latest version of SafeStrap. You should be able to disable the safe partition and jump back to your stock version too.

#4 Vader's fury

Vader's fury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

ok I did the hard reset and was able to get back into Safestrap.

I believe that i am running the latest version as I just downloaded it yesterday.

I disabled the safe partition but dont understand what you mean bout jump back to my stock version? Do you mean I can just let my phone load like a normal reboot and the stock version will come back up?

#5 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Well what is on your non-safe side.

Also given any though to bootstrap? never had a problem on it.

And your steps should have work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#6 Vader's fury

Vader's fury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I have not made any changes to my non safe side as far as I know.

Did not realize they were to different sides. I thought I was just removing a lock that was blocking installing the new rom.

I got it to load back up to my rooted stock system. Going to try downloading the eclipse rom again and try installing again.

I though about bootstrap but was told for the novice user (def me) that it was a better idea to use safestrap as it us more novice friendly

#7 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

I have not made any changes to my non safe side as far as I know.

Did not realize they were to different sides. I thought I was just removing a lock that was blocking installing the new rom.

I got it to load back up to my rooted stock system. Going to try downloading the eclipse rom again and try installing again.

I though about bootstrap but was told for the novice user (def me) that it was a better idea to use safestrap as it us more novice friendly

That's why SafeStrap is awesome. It creates a separate location to boot off, leaving the original there as a "safe" rom. Bootstrap allows you to overwrite the the old rom, which would have made nothing boot had you not had the separated partitions.

It could just have been a bad download. I don't know why it wouldn't work otherwise.

#8 Vader's fury

Vader's fury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

I am going to try again with the same download. If that does not work I will try to download eclipse again.

Thanks for the help guys. Learned alot off this mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users