8 replies to this topic

#1 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

So i rooted my RAZR M and the recovery and everything I needed but to flash a ROM I need like 1 GB??? I don't have much room after so can I flash the ROM through an external SD card?

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Unfortunately you can't use the external sdcard. On the M we are limited on internal space. I only run ROM slot in safestrap with a 1 gig data partition. I suggest moving any media to the sdcard like songs and stuff. 3rd party music players such as power amp can recognize music on sdcard. Also create a folder on the sdcard for stuff you download from the browser. The download folder is in the internal memory and can take up a lot of space.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop likes this

#3 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

So i rooted my RAZR M and the recovery and everything I needed but to flash a ROM I need like 1 GB??? I don't have much room after so can I flash the ROM through an external SD card?

no not yet but hashcode is working on it.. it takes time... Hey we bought the "unrootable" phone.. so it shows it is all possible... but with time..
  • neckchop likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#4 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Will it take up all that 1 GB of space and will it slow my phone down? Even if I run a debloated ROM will it still slow it down?

#5 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Also do I NEED a custom slot to change the font on my phone. Like say all I wanted to do was change the font would I HAVE TO HAVE a custom slot or can I do it with stock ??

#6 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

can do it with stock, but its a little dangerous because if the font messes up you could have some problems, it is highly recommended to do anything like that on a slot so you can have the stock in case of any problems :)

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#7 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Also do I NEED a custom slot to change the font on my phone. Like say all I wanted to do was change the font would I HAVE TO HAVE a custom slot or can I do it with stock ??

its hard that is why people uses deodexed roms... the odex files is the mayor reason why you cant mod the phone. i say use a custom rom.. and the only thing is you wont have much space for games and such. but phone still be fast the same if not more.. most roms are speed and battery efficient..

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#8 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

i just deleted all the apps that wouldn't hurt anything in my stock rom and made a 2gb partition it does everything i need

#9 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I used a 1gb partition and am running Trippin' Bean. I had over 600mb left after flashing, and made even more room by deleting apps and ringtones that I didn't want. If you are a heavy app user, I would suggest staying on stock. If you are rooted, you can tweak the stock ROM to the limits of your imagination.

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users