#1 kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid X, Droid RAZR HD

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Is anyone else experiencing iffy 4G connections? For example, the 4G icon is on but every time I try to use something internet related, nothing happens with the upload/download arrows, let alone the app itself. There are even times when the data just shuts itself off. This is the second HD I've had and both have done this. I've switched SIMs, tried multiple ROMs, etc.

EDIT: It literally did what I had just described as I was posting this.

#2 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Is anyone else experiencing iffy 4G connections? For example, the 4G icon is on but every time I try to use something internet related, nothing happens with the upload/download arrows, let alone the app itself. There are even times when the data just shuts itself off. This is the second HD I've had and both have done this.

Did they swap out the 4G card?? many of them had issues, also call verizon and have them push PRL update, that wouldn't hurt, also try a hard reset by holding all buttons down at same time, its a simulated battery pull..

For example if they swap out the phone and not the card, then you will have same issue

Edited by satman80, 04 March 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#3 kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Did they swap out the 4G card?? many of them had issues, also call verizon and have them push PRL update, that wouldn't hurt, also try a hard reset by holding all buttons down at same time, its a simulated battery pull..

For example if they swap out the phone and not the card, then you will have same issue

I'm actually a Third-Party retailer for Verizon in Costco, so I did the SIM and phone swaps myself. I've gone through 2 HDs and I think for 4G SIMs since I got this in January. I already did the hard reset, I've updated the APN, PRL was set when I called Verizon, and still the same thing. The only thing I can do now is turn Airplane mode on then off again and it reconnects.

#4 BKiv

BKiv

Pancake annihilator

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Google+:jnbkivett@gmail.com
  • LocationHigh Point NC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I've been experiencing this too on my bionic. Others have said they have as well. For me it's been going on since last week.

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I had issues with both my HD and my Bionic, but they seem to have corrected the past couple days. Kungpow, are you still having issues?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

I had issues with both my HD and my Bionic, but they seem to have corrected the past couple days. Kungpow, are you still having issues?

Every once in a while. The only semi solution I've found is to activate then deactivate airplane mode. And sometimes that doesn't fully work so I have to reboot all together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users