3 replies to this topic

#1 rastakull

rastakull

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Ok, i'm a semi noob and trying to update to Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware... I've followed all the steps listed but when I get into recovery mode, the directions say to select "install zip from sd card" i'm not getting the option to do so... When in recovery mode, the only options i have are:

reboot system now
apply update from external storage
apply update from ADB
wipe date/factory reset
wipe cache partition

Any suggestions or explanations of what i'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Ok, i'm a semi noob and trying to update to Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware... I've followed all the steps listed but when I get into recovery mode, the directions say to select "install zip from sd card" i'm not getting the option to do so... When in recovery mode, the only options i have are:

reboot system now
apply update from external storage
apply update from ADB
wipe date/factory reset
wipe cache partition

Any suggestions or explanations of what i'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!

You need to Root your phone and use Safestrap, not Motorola Stock Recovery.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Are you rooted and running SafeStrap? The options shown are the factory recovery program. The M does not have an unlocked bootloader, unless you have the dev model and have unlocked the bootloader. If you try to install CM through factory recovery, it won't work and will probably turn your phone into a paperweight. The "apply update from external storage" applies to factory updates only.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#4 rastakull

rastakull

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

I am Rooted but not sur ehow to use Safestrap... Googling now.... Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users