7 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenixus

Phoenixus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hey guys,

I'm having some weird issues with my standard battery on my Bionic. When my battery hits 40%, after a another 10 or so minutes of use, it plummets to 15%.

I've tried the following:

1. Used the .246 FXZ to go back to total stock

2. Running the battery down to 0%, then charging it too 100% while the phone is off. This fixed it for a few days (i would hit 30% and 20% in a reasonable time frame), but now it's back to doing the huge drop again.

Before I FXZ'd, I was using the extended battery (but decided to go back to standard), and had used safeboot to try out a few roms. When i switched back to my standard battery is when this started to happen.

So my question is, should I root again and try the battery calibration app in the play store? Or is my standard battery shot?

#2 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

It might be shot, the weird part is you said it did return to normal for a few days. Basically when you completely charge the battery it'll wipe the battery stats itself (same thing the battery calibration app does) Does it still last as long? Have you used your extended battery since the wipe? Maybe if your switching battery ink the middle of the day it's getting confused.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#3 Phoenixus

Phoenixus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Nope, I've been using the standard battery ever since the FXZ.

#4 Phoenixus

Phoenixus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

Is it safe to use third party batteries? Batteries plus near me has a rayvac that it says is compatible with my phone...will the bionic freak out if i use it?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

I'd avoid most 3rd party batteries unless they are from reputable OEMs, like maybe Mugen.

Go ahead and do hte battery calibration - it cannot hurt, and that way you'll know if it is the battery or if it is the calibration.
  • B.E.McAllister likes this

#6 Phoenixus

Phoenixus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Say what you will about the locked bootloaders and slow updates, but Moto customer service is top notch.

Explained what was happening to a chat rep and they are sending me a new battery for free, despite the fact that I bought the phone back in september of 2011

#7 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

It's not Motos fault the bootloader is locked. Blame Verizon for that and also the slow updates. There is a reason most of us would prefer to use Motorola products and customer service is one of them. Glad their replacing it for you, that's great!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#8 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Battery monitor widget.
Moto assigns non OEM batteries to stock (1760 mah for the bionic) regardless of their capacity
I'm from the internet and so can you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users