3 replies to this topic

#1 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Right now I am on complete stock 177, have on used bootstarp and have not loaded a ROM this time.

Seems I am reading that if you safestrap that it does something to the preinstall folder and therefore making it unable to get back to exact stock on non safeside? Is this true?

Meaning only way to get back to true stock would be a fastboot?

#2 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yes, safestrap replaces the contents of the preinstall folder. However, you do not necessarily have to fastboot back. I have 173 stock on non safe side and axiom ICS on safe side. However, what I did was before I ran safestrap, I went into root explorer and copied the preinstall folder and placed as copy on my sdcard. This way, when the next ota comes, I will just remove safe strap, erase contents on the pre install folder, then move the correct preinstall files over from my sd card and change the permissions to match what they used to. Then ota will install with no issues.

Obviously, you are on an unofficial leak if you are on 177 so you will have to go back to 173 One way or another.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R] using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#3 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Right now I am on complete stock 177, have on used bootstarp and have not loaded a ROM this time.

Seems I am reading that if you safestrap that it does something to the preinstall folder and therefore making it unable to get back to exact stock on non safeside? Is this true?

Meaning only way to get back to true stock would be a fastboot?

You can also do a full backup from the non-safe side before you install any ROMs. This includes:
"systemorig" (your original motoblur stock system)
"system" (actually preinstall)
and the other partitions.

If you should need to put preinstall back into place, then do an Advanced Restore from non-safe mode of just the "system" partition. In the future I'm going to be cleaning up the naming in non-safe mode to make it more clear to users which partitions are which.

#4 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

You can also do a full backup from the non-safe side before you install any ROMs. This includes:
"systemorig" (your original motoblur stock system)
"system" (actually preinstall)
and the other partitions.

If you should need to put preinstall back into place, then do an Advanced Restore from non-safe mode of just the "system" partition. In the future I'm going to be cleaning up the naming in non-safe mode to make it more clear to users which partitions are which.

Thanx Hash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users