n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hey all,

I have an XT912 on Cellcom (it's a Wisconsin-based carrier). Basically, most things on the phone are similar to the Verizon version. I'm rooted, I have Safestrap working, and I'm able to run other ROMs just fine, as long as they use the ICS kernel. Unfortunately, I cannot flash the JB kernel, but that's not much of a problem for me. That's just some background information for anyone willing to try to help.

My only issue is that the MMS on my phone will not work when I'm not on the stock rom. I know on my previous phone (HTC Desire) there was a bit of work that went into getting the MMS to work on custom ROMs (such as CM, etc). For those of you who are experienced in these things, I'm wondering where would be a good place for me to start to try to get my MMS working on custom ROMs on the Razr MAXX? If I remember right, I can edit APNs, and I think I remember someone using a MMS.apk when they were getting MMS working on the HTC Desire. I should be able to dig up APN info for my carrier if anyone thinks I should start there. If I need a file from my stock ROM, just point me in the direction of the file and I'll dig it up. Again, I have root access, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone's willing to help, it'd be greatly appreciated. It's the only function I can't get working on my phone. If you need more info, let me know. I'll be glad to help. I'm not online too often (I'm usually busy with school), but I'll be checking back whenever I get a chance.

Thanks in advance,
Ligor

#2 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

HAve you tried using a third-party MMS app such as Chomp SMS or Handcent? Typically that's the easiest fix.

Posted Image

#3 Ligor

Ligor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

I use Go SMS. Works fine on the stock rom. Not so much on the other roms. My carrier does this weird thing where they send you an 8-digit code with a link to their online MMS reader (where you plugin in the code and you can load up the picture) if you don't have MMS setup properly or your phone doesn't support it. Right now, I'm getting that. When I'm on stock, I just get the picture directly, which is what should happen. I just need to get that happening on the custom roms.

Any suggestions are welcome!

#4 Ligor

Ligor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Still haven't been able to resolve this. I'm using the CM 10.1 ROM for the ICS kernel, if that helps anyone. I know I said that I can't receive MMS messages, but I also cannot send them. Again, I use Go SMS and that should resolve most issues, so I think it has something to do with my carrier. Anyone want to help me try to figure this out? I'm rooted and whatnot, so I have access to all of the stuff in my stock ROM (the APN .xmls, the MMS.apk package, whatever you want me to look at...)

All help is really welcome and very much appreciated!

#5 kratz9

kratz9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT908

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I'm also on Cellcom with Razr Maxx, just decided to install CM 10.1 the other day. I was able to get the MMS working on my phone, at least while connected to 3G (Still not working on 4G). First, go into Settings > Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Add a new one. Following some into I found elsewhere, set the Name and APN to "Production", MMSC to "

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

", and MMS port to 80. Everything else should be able to stay at the default. I also deleted the APNs named "LTE - Verizon CBS" and "EHRPD - Verizon CBS", since they both contained Verizon specific settings. Just do a quick Airplane mode on/off or reboot just to make sure the settings take effect. I was able to send myself picture messages while connected to 3G. It stopped working when connected to 4G, so I'll have to do some more digging. 

A little promising if you still have the phone, I see this is a older post though so maybe you got the S4 already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users