newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the right place - so feel free to move.

Droid MAXX - Eclipse ROM - ADW EX Launcher

For some reason, I cannot get the browser history to stop, or to clear. I've tried on Dolphin and the stock browswer. I've checked every option to stop tracking stuff. Then to clear the cache / history, etc. No matter what, it records it, shows the links, the whole nine yards. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Anyone else seeing this?

Proud father of a US Marine

#2 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the right place - so feel free to move.

Droid MAXX - Eclipse ROM - ADW EX Launcher

For some reason, I cannot get the browser history to stop, or to clear. I've tried on Dolphin and the stock browswer. I've checked every option to stop tracking stuff. Then to clear the cache / history, etc. No matter what, it records it, shows the links, the whole nine yards. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Anyone else seeing this?

Have you gone to bookmarks, history, menu, clear history? Or just from browser, menu, and clear everything from there?

Typed from my sick ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ABYSM themed out with ORANGE KRUSH with a twist of BIGDX BIONIC ORANGE ICON PACK and a SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

#3 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

I've tried everything, every menu. I have found it works some of the time - and others it doesn't. I need to do more research as this doesn't make sense.

Proud father of a US Marine

#4 dwmackay

dwmackay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

This may not be the browser, but Google. Perhaps Google is storing your browser history for you. Check your Goole settings to turn off browsing history by account.

An easy way to check would be to do a search for somethng weird in Bing like "cytoplasm" or something that you know would not be confused with your normal history. If the problem is the browser, it will be in the history. If the problem is in Google, the history will be missing from the browser.

Doug M.

#5 DominionX10

DominionX10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

This is a simple process assuminv i understand your question properly.

Im assuming you are using the google search widget on your phone as clearing your search hjstory would effectively remove your history in your "browser". If this is true use these steps to clear the history crom your google search widget (the google search tab on one of your home screens)

Click on the google widget.

When the search history comes up click on your options tab on your phone (the 3 lines on the bottom left of your phone). A option should come up that says "search options". Touch that and the option "delete shortcuts" should pop up. Click on this and confirm. Your history should then be cleared.

#6 DominionX10

DominionX10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Sorry. The options are "search settings" and "clear shortcuts"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users