• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 todroid

todroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Just about to update to JB OTA. But I liked using my Lapdock on ICS. Am I to assume that the Webtop interface is dead on JB? Any JB Roms that may have it cooked in?
Thanks!

#2 sublime

sublime

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Should still be there left unchanged from ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

#3 todroid

todroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Thanks, I just knew that they killed Webtop in general, but did not know if that applied to updates for devices that already it.

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

They killed webtop support and updates. But if it's on the phone, its on the phone. JB doesn't include it or any newer iteration of it that's all.
  • todroid likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#5 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

They killed webtop support and updates. But if it's on the phone, its on the phone. JB doesn't include it or any newer iteration of it that's all.

So then, on JB, is there any way to reclaim the webtop partition for storage if its not being utilized?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

You would have to manually repartition the phone, I do not know if this is possible with a locked bootloader, I look into this extensively for my LG Spectrum, as I was running CM10.1 and using up 400MB of the 1GB system partition. I wanted to drop it to 512MB and put the rest back in the 2.8GB /data partition, there were a couple other partitions that I wanted to shuffle around as well. A google search turned up a 30 partition list of what was on the Spectrum and their sizes.

I never did try it, as you need the exact byte start and end point for each partition to make the changes and to restore it if you fubar it. I was only able to find the size for the partitions, the start and end byte for just the 4 main partitions, but the partition order was such that I could not do any of what I wanted without at least 12 partition's start and end info (and specific ones at that!) I guess I could have done the math and figured it out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users