Photo

Ummm... Errr Don't Judge Me. Battery Ideas...?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

So, I had bought a regular Razr maybe a day or two before th Maxx came out. I would've coughed up the extra 100 easy for the phone. I didn't know the new phone came out until after my 14 days (which used to be 30). Well... What I kindof want to do is ruin my phone's battery so that it holds little to no charge to get a 'factory replacement.' Of course I'd suggest me just upgrading to the Maxx and everyone would be happy. should I bake it in the over at 100F then throw it in the freezer (of course off) over and over? Any idea would be appreciated. I called Big Red and spoke to a superviser but they were sorry to inform me their systems are locked to a code when it comes to these things....

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

So, I had bought a regular Razr maybe a day or two before th Maxx came out. I would've coughed up the extra 100 easy for the phone. I didn't know the new phone came out until after my 14 days (which used to be 30). Well... What I kindof want to do is ruin my phone's battery so that it holds little to no charge to get a 'factory replacement.' Of course I'd suggest me just upgrading to the Maxx and everyone would be happy. should I bake it in the over at 100F then throw it in the freezer (of course off) over and over? Any idea would be appreciated. I called Big Red and spoke to a superviser but they were sorry to inform me their systems are locked to a code when it comes to these things....

Please don't ask this kind of question around here. People abusing the warranty process like this already causes all of us to pay extra for our phones. You made a decision and you regret it, but essentially flat out saying you want to commit warranty fraud in order to force us to buy you a new phone is insulting and ridiculous. There are a ton of us that are on the standard RAZR because we bought on release day when there was no way to know they would release the Maxx, and you don't see us all formulating a plan on how to steal from your wallet, do you? Grow up and be responsible for your own decisions.
  • larrygeary and eraursls84 like this

#3 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Anytime someone starts off with the words "don't judge me", they already know they are guilty. But since the OP insisted on asking how to cheat his way out of his phone, I thought this would be a good opportunity to point you in the direction of this thread.....see link below.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#4 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Wouldn't work anyways. I had to go through 5-6 defective bionics to get my razr and even then they offered me a HTC thunderbolt. I had to talk to a manager to get something different and I wasn't trying to scam them.Edit: sell your razr on swappa. Or beg and plead someone to trade you like I'm doing lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

#5 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Wouldn't work anyways. I had to go through 5-6 defective bionics to get my razr and even then they offered me a HTC thunderbolt. I had to talk to a manager to get something different and I wasn't trying to scam them.Edit: sell your razr on swappa. Or beg and plead someone to trade you like I'm doing lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Agreed, just sell your phone, then add the 100 youd gladly pay and buy a used maxx. But honestly i get great life with my og razr. I can get through an entire day no prob.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Posted Image

#6 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I know this doesn't help you but just thought I'd mention that Costco offers 90 days and Newegg offers 30. I purchased the Nexus through newegg and decided on day 16 that the battery was too weak for me. Newegg is 14-day return and 30-day exchange. They did an advance replacement overnighted with the Maxx (which had just come out that day). My first Maxx had a faulty mic so they sent another one in a week when they got stock. Annoying process but still their support was good. Also their pricing was very good: $180 for the Nexus and $230 for the Maxx. This was a new contract but would only be slightly higher if you're eligible for an upgrade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users