7 replies to this topic

#1 sublimerocks13

sublimerocks13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Ive only had my droid razr for about a month now and the charge connection is already loose and intermittent. So when I first got his phone I was a little weary of the charge port on the top. As time went on I noticed I would use my phone on the charger quite often and that there would be tension on the charge connection. This week I began noticing my phone would start and stop charging while it is plugged in. Obviously this can only get worse and my phone will be useless eventually. This seems like a horrible design. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR.

#2 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Ive only had my droid razr for about a month now and the charge connection is already loose and intermittent. So when I first got his phone I was a little weary of the charge port on the top. As time went on I noticed I would use my phone on the charger quite often and that there would be tension on the charge connection. This week I began noticing my phone would start and stop charging while it is plugged in. Obviously this can only get worse and my phone will be useless eventually. This seems like a horrible design. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR.

Mine has gotten a little loose, but it still charges fine. It really doesn't matter where the port is. Things like driving down a bumpy road while charging it can loosen them up some. Or just plugging it in and unplugging it over time.

It does irritate me though. I usually hold my cord funny so it doesn't pull on it too much. :lol:

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#3 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

No Charging or port issue here. The location of the port on top makes more sense to me then the awkward bottom or the side. Having the port on the upper half of the phone makes sense unless you figure you're going to bank on docking the phone.

#4 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Actually this is the only phone iv had that didnt have a problem by now. I think on top is much better design.

I am ninja see my Blade and fear me

Posted Image

#5 tracerfett

tracerfett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Still no problems here either, had mine since mid December. Of course, I always lay it flat with no stress on the port when charging.

#6 psyjohn

psyjohn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Have you tried a different charger? I thought the same thing was happening to my Razr, but it turned out the charger was actually what was wearing out, not the phone.
  • sublimerocks13 likes this

#7 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Have you tried a different charger? I thought the same thing was happening to my Razr, but it turned out the charger was actually what was wearing out, not the phone.

+1
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad usb cable.
  • sublimerocks13 likes this

#8 sublimerocks13

sublimerocks13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

+1
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad usb cable.

Hmm... You guys are probably right. I am going to check this soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users