Photo

New Maxx W/update Still Have Hotspot Issues, Am I Alone?

razr hotspot issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

I just obtained new MAXX and returned Gnex because Gnex bluetooth and especially voice dialing was horrible. The call quality and bluetooth voice dialing on RAZR is way better, BUT...

The hotspot (paid VZW version) is really finicky. Gnex worked great, mostly. Does anyone else still have trouble getting connected and/or the internet with hotspot on razr? (i mean after the update that supposedly fixed it:. tonight I tried for about an hour to get connected, turning hotspot off and on, rebooting phone and devices trying to connect. About to give up and call support (again) and it started working.
Steve B

#2 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

When using the stock app, I would notice that sometimes after you turn the hotspot off, you would have to reboot your phone and turn it back on before the other device(s) would recognize it.

You could always look into an alternative app to use. The Wifi Tether app that comes with the ICS ROMs has worked flawlessly for me, I like it a lot better than the stock Verizon Hotspot app.

#3 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

what ics rom are you using? How does bluetooth work (or not)?
Steve B

#4 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

I don't tether often but the one built into Eclipse 1.3 works very well. Not an ICS ROM but probably the cleanest ROM out for the Razr right now.

#5 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

what ics rom are you using? How does bluetooth work (or not)?

I am using AXI0M AOKP AB6, can't comment on Bluetooth since I do not use it, but I am sure it works since it's not listed as not working.

I don't tether often but the one built into Eclipse 1.3 works very well. Not an ICS ROM but probably the cleanest ROM out for the Razr right now.

The tether app that is built into Eclipse is the same one built into all the ICS ROMs (at least when I had Eclipse 1.2 it was the same one, I doubt he changed it though). And I agree being one of the cleanest ROMs for the Razr right now, I never had a single problem when I was running it (1.2, never upgraded to 1.3)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users