DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

The ICS update killed my battery life. I was routinely getting 24-26 hours, But ICS I struggle to get 20+hours, Sometimes as little as 8 hours, I know that it is early and the update has only been out for say 48 hours,

Thanks!

Posted Image

#2 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

So far mine is alot better than ICS. The build is also a lot smoother to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

So far on the JB OTA stock setup my battery life has been comparable-to-better than that of what I got on ICS custom ROMs tweaked for optimal battery life. So I'm rather pleased ... so far. And just for the record, I came direct from ICS, not via the Leak-to-OTA.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#4 jcamel24

jcamel24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

I was on the JB leak since it came out, battery life was getting really bad (~14 hours max) on OG razr. Since i put in the OTA Friday, it seems to be better. Yesterday I went 14 hours and still had 50%. Guess we'll see what happens on a normal work day tomorrow, but so far so good!

#5 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

I've been sporting the ota for over 48hrs. now, my battery is a tad less than I got from ICS ROMs. I'll give it another 48hrs. to settle down and see how things go.

Sent via a pint of Guinness & crazy leprechauns doing jell-o shooters!

USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#6 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Battery life is subjective. If you don't use your phone you can get two days. If you stream movies, you'll lot much less. Asking "how is battery life" as a general question is kind of pointless...

#7 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Battery life is subjective. If you don't use your phone you can get two days. If you stream movies, you'll lot much less. Asking "how is battery life" as a general question is kind of pointless...

Not totally pointless IMO, because if a person uses their phone often and knows what type of battery life they normally get, and then are able to track it once again when an update comes out, they are able to provide a comparison. Granted its never an exact science, you can still get information from users based on their experience. I do agree that comparing User X's battery life, vs User Y's battery life is much less effective if not pointless. Because as you have pointed out, everyone uses their phone differently.

An informed user that knows he got 14-18 hours on ICS, but is now getting 18-20 on JB with similar usage would be able to tell the OP that yes, his battery life is indeed better. Granted that is still not 100% accurate, for that user, it would appear its better.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#8 jcamel24

jcamel24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Agreed. I tried quite a few of the early ICS leaks and some had horrible battery life.

#9 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

This is my battery life so far. All WiFi. Seems pretty good to me.

Attached Files

#10 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

@bkjolly

You saved me a lot of typing. I experienced the exact same thing. I mentioned it in the chat room this morning and people thought i was joking.

Posted Image

#11 bottomgun33

bottomgun33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

I was using my phone during work and was getting 10-12 hours before recharging on ICS. I did the manual update to JB on Friday and got 5 hours today. WTF

#12 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I was using my phone during work and was getting 10-12 hours before recharging on ICS. I did the manual update to JB on Friday and got 5 hours today. WTF

Similar to changing to a new Rom I would assume the upgrade to JB would take a few charge cycles to "settle" in. If you don't see any improvement in the next few days I would suggest a factory reset to see if that helps.
  • bottomgun33 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#13 midas

midas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

JB on every device I've used has always had worse battery life than ICS. It's due to Google Now. However, if you sideloaded Google Now on ICS you should actually see slightly better battery life on JB.

#14 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

battery life not at all good:blink:

#15 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I'm getting fantastic battery life on the leak, haven't updated yet. Streaming music 8-10 hours at work and usually at 50-60% battery at the end of the day. Over the weekend I watched Netflix from ~10A-4P while leveling a new character in BL2, then never put it on the charger until I went to bed at 1:30AM... While I didn't think to check the battery, it never died on me. This has been by far the best battery my phone has had since initial release (got mine launch day). I'm essentially always on Wifi, so there could be a radio issue causing battery life to suck on cellular I guess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battery, Jelly Bean, OTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users