Photo

Where Do I Fail When Trying To Intall Custom Rom ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gamer1963

Gamer1963

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hi guys. I am new on this forum and also a noob on Motorola Razr. One of the things I like about Android phones is that there is so many talentfull peoples out there that gives us awsome posibilities to change our phones to our likings :)
I have had many android phones that I have rooted and installed custom roms on but with the Razr I really struggel to make it.
I have managed to root it and installed safestrap but everytime I try to install a custom rom (I have testet many now) as the devs explain my phone never start up again. That is, it starts but just go into a black screen an stays there until I take a hard reset (wol.up/down + power).

So where do I go wrong ? Am I impatient when the phone start up after installing the rom (have waited over 10 minutes) or is it something I have missed out on :huh:

#2 spryte

spryte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

U have a GSM Razr, but Safestrap is for CDMA only. You have to use bootstrap recovery to be capable to install custom roms. But don't install the CDMA ones on your phone, this will cause a few problems

#3 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

U have a GSM Razr, but Safestrap is for CDMA only. You have to use bootstrap recovery to be capable to install custom roms. But don't install the CDMA ones on your phone, this will cause a few problems

+1, Great answer!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#4 Gamer1963

Gamer1963

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Thank you so much for this answer, you made my day :) I knew that this was the place to ask for help :D
Another thing I maybe failed on then is that I have used motofail for windows, is this the wrong tool for gsm version ? :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users