Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] Tranquil Ice V7.xx - Bringing Ice Cold Heat To The Razr

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#121 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Too many data drops for me...switched back to Axiom. I'll be back once data issue is resolved.
  • rickyheferle likes this

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#122 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Went back to Eclipse til data issues are fixed. But it was an amazing build for the time I was on it. Can't wait to try it again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#123 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

I know ETA's are a no no....but...I was just wondering if it is likely that a realease with data stability is likely within a month. I really liked this ROM, but the data connection was too unreliable for everyday use.. :)
Posted Image

#124 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

IMHO folks we will never see solid data working on ICS builds until we get an actual ICS release from VZW/Moto. I've tested and tried the other ICS roms and they all have the same issue from time to time. Heck a prime example is this am I went a flashed AXIOM last night and on my drive in to work streaming Pandora it dropped data. That said I've yet to see a ICS build tha tis rock solid data 24/7. We really need ICS drivers for the devices/build, an ICS kernel,bootloader.....etc. Until then we are bound to have issues is my guess. Been doing this stuff a long time and when you mix and match things it NEVER works like we expect it to without issues here and there. Either way back to me flashing TQi v7... and then put Eclipse on the safe side of Safe Strap. Best of both worlds for me.

#125 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

IMHO folks we will never see solid data working on ICS builds until we get an actual ICS release from VZW/Moto. I've tested and tried the other ICS roms and they all have the same issue from time to time. Heck a prime example is this am I went a flashed AXIOM last night and on my drive in to work streaming Pandora it dropped data. That said I've yet to see a ICS build tha tis rock solid data 24/7. We really need ICS drivers for the devices/build, an ICS kernel,bootloader.....etc. Until then we are bound to have issues is my guess. Been doing this stuff a long time and when you mix and match things it NEVER works like we expect it to without issues here and there. Either way back to me flashing TQi v7... and then put Eclipse on the safe side of Safe Strap. Best of both worlds for me.

+1 I am no developer but this is exactly the way I have looked at these ICS roms. The people working on these are doing all they can to get the roms as close to perfect as they can with the resources they have. It takes time and by now I have learned that each phone has its own "personality" so to speak. We could do everything the same way but our phones may react differently. I have seen this with the OG Droid, DX, and many other phones. The developers are normally aware of the issues within the roms and work hard to fix them. With the release of a rom that is built off something not yet available to our phones, we HAVE to expect there will be things that don't work right. We accept that reality the minute we download and flash them. Just keep all this mind and I know for the most part I am saying things that most already know and understand. But I just want to throw my 2 cents in. Hope you don't feel ripped off lol

My RAZR Bleeds Awesomeness!!!!
  • Aixelsyd likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#126 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

+1 I am no developer but this is exactly the way I have looked at these ICS roms. The people working on these are doing all they can to get the roms as close to perfect as they can with the resources they have. It takes time and by now I have learned that each phone has its own "personality" so to speak. We could do everything the same way but our phones may react differently. I have seen this with the OG Droid, DX, and many other phones. The developers are normally aware of the issues within the roms and work hard to fix them. With the release of a rom that is built off something not yet available to our phones, we HAVE to expect there will be things that don't work right. We accept that reality the minute we download and flash them. Just keep all this mind and I know for the most part I am saying things that most already know and understand. But I just want to throw my 2 cents in. Hope you don't feel ripped off lol

My RAZR Bleeds Awesomeness!!!!

I understand what you are saying. I think that I have tried all the ICS Roms for the Razr (not necessarily all builds) and most of the roms (for me) have been fairly stable with the data (not necessarily on boot) working quite consistently.. What I was seeing on this one (and I really want to get back to it) was that I 3g or 4g would be showing up (In the navigation area), but I actually had not connection...If someone knows a fix for this , I would be greatful. I really like this rom :)
Posted Image

#127 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

I personally like the rom and going to stick with it for a while. I have safestrap setup(finally) and keep themed stock on non safe side when i need data otherwise im on TranQ. The rom is fun to be on and thats the point, having fun. I already knew about data issues with ICS roms for razr before loading this so not going to complain about data at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#128 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

I understand what you are saying. I think that I have tried all the ICS Roms for the Razr (not necessarily all builds) and most of the roms (for me) have been fairly stable with the data (not necessarily on boot) working quite consistently.. What I was seeing on this one (and I really want to get back to it) was that I 3g or 4g would be showing up (In the navigation area), but I actually had not connection...If someone knows a fix for this , I would be greatful. I really like this rom :)

When you are having the data issues and you see the icon displaying in the Status bar is the signal meter blue or was it gray?

#129 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

When you are having the data issues and you see the icon displaying in the Status bar is the signal meter blue or was it gray?

I don't recall.... :(
Posted Image

#130 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

For me...it was grey. I could still get notifications for gmail and sms/mms...but not internet stuff. I do understand about issues/bugs with new releases and knew this going in but too many data loses I could not stay with. Sweet rom though and i'll be back for sure too.

#131 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hash said he was working on a new version of the data fix but it looks like he got caught up in D4 development...

#132 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

For me...it was grey. I could still get notifications for gmail and sms/mms...but not internet stuff. I do understand about issues/bugs with new releases and knew this going in but too many data loses I could not stay with. Sweet rom though and i'll be back for sure too.

Fast fix I found was grab Phone Info from the Market. When the data drops and the icon is gray Go into the app and switch it to WCDMA let ti sit for about 30 secs and then put it back on GSM/CMDA auto PRL and data was back instantly

#133 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Fast fix I found was grab Phone Info from the Market. When the data drops and the icon is gray Go into the app and switch it to WCDMA let ti sit for about 30 secs and then put it back on GSM/CMDA auto PRL and data was back instantly

Yeah man, i have both Phone Info and LTE on/off...both work fine..but just too many data drops for me. Maybe just my area even though it is a pretty strong 4G LTE area. Went back to Axiom...for now. ;)

#134 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Yeah man, i have both Phone Info and LTE on/off...both work fine..but just too many data drops for me. Maybe just my area even though it is a pretty strong 4G LTE area. Went back to Axiom...for now.

When I'm running stock I got data drops on and off throughout the day but it would usually reconnect on its own. I think its the same with this rom but it is not able to reconnect on its own without user intervention. Just speculation on my part.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#135 patchm00

patchm00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I not only get these data drops with ICS Roms (which i'm willing to live with or go to a non ICS ROM when I need to), but I also am noticing WIFI drops as well. It's like the WIFI goes to sleep when my phone does although my setting says for it not to. I usually can't get it to reconnect without turning the WIFI off then back on.

I am going to try more without Tasker running. I have been running Tasker for a few years now with my old phones so they turn on/off WIFI based on my location so maybe when I lose cell data Tasker thinks wifi should be off. Funny thing is when I check settings, WIFI is on so that doens't seem like Tasker doing its thing. /me shrugs

#136 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

I can't get any data now. I have tried WCDMA preferred/WCDMA only...any thoughts?
Posted Image

#137 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I can't get any data now. I have tried WCDMA preferred/WCDMA only...any thoughts?

You should actually start with GSM ONLY....then switch to GSM/CDMA AUTO PRL.

#138 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

No matter what I do...I cannot get data with this rom...Do you think that reflashing it could make a difference? When I have it in GSM only mode, the phone still shows 3g as working (but of course I don't have a connection)
Posted Image

#139 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

No matter what I do...I cannot get data with this rom...Do you think that reflashing it could make a difference? When I have it in GSM only mode, the phone still shows 3g as working (but of course I don't have a connection)

Yeah I'd for sure factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and then relfash the ROM. I just had to boogie out for a doc appt and had data drop like 4 times in less then 45 mins on Axiom, so while waiting on the doc I reflashed TQi and have not had an issue with it again. IMHO it is really hit or miss with it working constantly on ICS builds, and the area has a lot to do with it as well i think.

#140 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yes thus is a good tip I do that or GSM only then back. My data has been good. I only have yo fix it maby twice a day if that .

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users