• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

I'm about into a week having my Maxx and I don't see the big problem people have with blur. Is there something I'm missing? Coming from a vanilla OG I thought it would be an annoying transition but it is pretty nice and polished. What are you thoughts on blur.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX
If DROID DOES..... then iDroid

#2 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

I personally love the blur. I have flashed every custom ROM available but always go back to stock with blur. It is such a perfect and smooth ui.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#3 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

I actually don't have any real issues with the blur. Its all the bloat that came pre- installed that kills me. I have flashed every ROM i think has been made available but I still come back to blur after a few days. That being said, I am a hard core crack flasher and always looking for something different so I love the Roms and themes available to us. I can't stick with one thing for too long before I want to change it lol.

My RAZR Bleeds Awesomeness!!

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

The style of blur in general isn't bad, it just has WAY too much bloat, especially in the background services.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

The style of blur in general isn't bad, it just has WAY too much bloat, especially in the background services.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is what I have been thinking as well. There is a smoothness of some sort with the blur on this phone that just seems to work. There is just too much extra crap that is not needed. The widgets, transitions, everything does have a nice look and feel to it.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#6 koreanschoolkid

koreanschoolkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

There was nothing particularly wrong with MotoBlur for me as a launcher had it stood alone but I feel it is inferior to Go Launcher EX in terms of options, the sheer amount of bloatware (while not as bad as on the Rezound) was awful and most importantly the lack of a toggle menu in the pull down notification bar was the worst part. Coming from a Fascinate where even Touchwiz had toggles on the pull down and every single rom had toggles on the pull down it was a shock to me to find out that that not only the Razr/Maxx but also the Droid 1 and other Motorola phones did not have such a basic feature. Eclipse and Arctic and I assume all the roms for the Razr/Maxx do however so I had to flash out of stock.

#7 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

There was nothing particularly wrong with MotoBlur for me as a launcher had it stood alone but I feel it is inferior to Go Launcher EX in terms of options, the sheer amount of bloatware (while not as bad as on the Rezound) was awful and most importantly the lack of a toggle menu in the pull down notification bar was the worst part. Coming from a Fascinate where even Touchwiz had toggles on the pull down and every single rom had toggles on the pull down it was a shock to me to find out that that not only the Razr/Maxx but also the Droid 1 and other Motorola phones did not have such a basic feature. Eclipse and Arctic and I assume all the roms for the Razr/Maxx do however so I had to flash out of stock.

I agree. Having the D1 before the Maxx I became accustomed to the drop down toggles. I miss them dearly but I'm hesitant to flash a ROM and have certain things not working. But then again as long as its GB based everything should work. I really wanted to wait for a stable ICS ROM to come out with everything working.

#8 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Thought you could add them in gingerbread but it looks like must be running ics. Once we get ics from Motorola their are a number of apps that will add the notification toggles w/o root access.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#9 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

My main problem with blur is it seems almost just sloppily thrown together, for example if you put as many widgets as you could together on one screen they don't fit together.

Almost as important, the 'fancy' animations applied to EVERYTHING is beyond annoying. Plus there is no way to turn them off, as far as I can tell the setting named as such doesn't do anything. They've got to drain battery and I find them extremely cheesey.

That's why I love me some Go Launcher EX. Super fast and smooth UI, tons of customization options, an insane amount of great widgets, and not only themes-a-plenty but an awesome tool to create your own themes.

Sent From Optimus Prime

:-D :-D

#10 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

My main problem with blur is it seems almost just sloppily thrown together, for example if you put as many widgets as you could together on one screen they don't fit together.

Almost as important, the 'fancy' animations applied to EVERYTHING is beyond annoying. Plus there is no way to turn them off, as far as I can tell the setting named as such doesn't do anything. They've got to drain battery and I find them extremely cheesey.

That's why I love me some Go Launcher EX. Super fast and smooth UI, tons of customization options, an insane amount of great widgets, and not only themes-a-plenty but an awesome tool to create your own themes.

Sent From Optimus Prime

I agree. I also use GO Launcher EX. It is the best IMO.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users