• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hello everyone, i am an OG Droid 1, Droid 2 & Global ex-owner, im currently using the OG Razr Maxx and running Eclipse 1.1 because I CAN'T FOR THE 1ST TIME ROOT MY PHONE! its embarrassing and hard after living my android life flashing custom roms...
This is my case; i got the Maxx HD four days ago and it came with 0.6.25 stock installed so the first thing i did was read and read on how to root so i thought! (Peace of cake) because i was on the stock ICS needed to root, so i downloaded Matts utilitty 1.10, MotorolaDeviceManager 2.3.7 for the usb drivers, i enabled usb debugging so i headed to root with Matts utility and it just wont root... it installs Voodo Root keeper and i even used it to flash back to stock even if i was on stock just to make sure the tool works... and it does except for the rooting part... i then thought enabling unknonw sources would help and nothing, i uninstalled and reinstalled drivers... nothing, i tried a different computer.... nothing, both computers are running windows 7 i tried running the tool as administrator too and nothing... i RSD Lite back to stock again to make sure it was 100% stock (again)... nothing. Im loosing my mind i have 9 days trial left on the phone and i dont want nothing else but this phone i luv it and i need help please :(( :(l

#2 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

2 questions come to mind The obvious USB debugging is on? And you sure your sure you are triggering the bug report correctly?

There have been times I've pressed the wrong buttons without thinking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#3 Cooljoe

Cooljoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Unlocked Bootloader

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

You want to root with the utility after you do the small 0.7.2 ICS update then root, if you root before then update it breaks, you hold vol up with the power with the phone on usb debuging enabled for about 8 sec you should get vibrate then hit enter on keyboard on computer it can take a bit sometimes

#4 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Hello everyone, i am an OG Droid 1, Droid 2 & Global ex-owner, im currently using the OG Razr Maxx and running Eclipse 1.1 because I CAN'T FOR THE 1ST TIME ROOT MY PHONE! its embarrassing and hard after living my android life flashing custom roms...
This is my case; i got the Maxx HD four days ago and it came with 0.6.25 stock installed so the first thing i did was read and read on how to root so i thought! (Peace of cake) because i was on the stock ICS needed to root, so i downloaded Matts utilitty 1.10, MotorolaDeviceManager 2.3.7 for the usb drivers, i enabled usb debugging so i headed to root with Matts utility and it just wont root... it installs Voodo Root keeper and i even used it to flash back to stock even if i was on stock just to make sure the tool works... and it does except for the rooting part... i then thought enabling unknonw sources would help and nothing, i uninstalled and reinstalled drivers... nothing, i tried a different computer.... nothing, both computers are running windows 7 i tried running the tool as administrator too and nothing... i RSD Lite back to stock again to make sure it was 100% stock (again)... nothing. Im loosing my mind i have 9 days trial left on the phone and i dont want nothing else but this phone i luv it and i need help please :(( :(l

Sounds like you have everything setup to go... Might I suggest one thing, go back to the original download of Matts utility 1.10, open, and extract it to your Windows desktop. Then "Run as Administrator" the Utility.bat file.

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#5 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

I did it... thanks to you guys and you know what they say... after you tried everything and nothing seems to work... go back and read the manual Lmfao

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users