chaderick9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:chaderick9
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Alright, sporting the Droid Rzr Max. I have been a long time faithful, and up until this last weekend I have been running my favorite icecream sandwich eclipse rom. I figured it was time to give the good old Jelly bean a try. So I followed the instructions to install the OTA jelly bean update. Re-rooted my phone using DroidRzrUtility. Succufully installed Safestrap 3.11 and now I can not get any STUPID ROM TO INSTALL!!!

AHHHHH-- sorry for the anger but it is making me so upset! I have downloaded the latest Eclipse-RazrM-v1.2. I save it to the root of my SD card still in its .zip format. Like I have done with the dozen other custom roms I have flashed over they years. I reboot my phone and access safestrap 3.11, I have created a rom-slot1 and aloted 3gb for the data partition size. I select the rom slot. Then wipe dalvik cache/cache/system/factory reset. I then select install. On the following screen the only thing I touch is browse to my /sdcard-ext. Select any one of the roms (we will use Eclipse-RazrM-v1.2.zip for this example) I then swipe to confirm flash. The typical fancy "Eclipse" is displayed that was created out of special characters, it then says mounting your system like a horse, and then bam, in a madder of 5 secs after, it says the following:

script aborted (no error message)
E:Error in /sdcard-ext/Eclipse-RazrM-v1.2.zip
(status 7)
Error flashing zip '/sdcard-ext/Eclipse-RazrM-1.2.zip

Below that is says Failed in a red font.

Really angry... looking for any help.

#2 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Your rom says "razrm" in it. Could u possibly be flashing a ROM NOT for your phone? Your first sentence says you have a RAZR maxx...

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

• chaderick9 likes this

#3 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

You downloaded a rom for a different device. The RAZR maxx and the RAZR M are different. Here is eclipse for the RAZR/RAZR Maxx on the jellybean kernel.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[ROM]-Eclipse-Razr-JB-v1.1---3/3/13---Welcome-to-the-Dark!
[ROM] Eclipse Razr JB v1.1 - 3/3/13 - Welcome to the Dark!

I'm not sure if it will work on the newest ota but I will try to find you the utility to swap between the leaked kernel and the ota kernel.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• chaderick9 likes this

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Here is the kernel switcher utility.

ROM Compatibility Flasher Tool! Switch between Jellybean Kernels with ease.

#5 chaderick9

chaderick9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:chaderick9
  • LocationUtah

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

You downloaded a rom for a different device. The RAZR maxx and the RAZR M are different. Here is eclipse for the RAZR/RAZR Maxx on the jellybean kernel.

[ROM]-Eclipse-Razr-JB-v1.1---3/3/13---Welcome-to-the-Dark!
[ROM] Eclipse Razr JB v1.1 - 3/3/13 - Welcome to the Dark!

I'm not sure if it will work on the newest ota but I will try to find you the utility to swap between the leaked kernel and the ota kernel.

Your rom says "razrm" in it. Could u possibly be flashing a ROM NOT for your phone? Your first sentence says you have a RAZR maxx...

Sent from RAZR Maxx FlyingJelly

My goodness... Alas I am but a fool. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate your quick response. I have clearly mistaken. I have not only posted in the incorrect location, but you made me realize that I have been downloading roms for the Droid Razrr M and not for the DROID RAZR MAXX! Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. You both are great!
  • tmyinc likes this

#6 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

My goodness... Alas I am but a fool. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate your quick response. I have clearly mistaken. I have not only posted in the incorrect location, but you made me realize that I have been downloading roms for the Droid Razrr M and not for the DROID RAZR MAXX! Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. You both are great!

Anything to help. That's what we are here for.

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm just happy to see that the only issue you had was getting a failed install. Things could have ended up a lot worse.

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users