Photo

Can The Corning Gorilla Glass Be Broken?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

I would say so.. Gorilla glass is only good at keeping scratches off.. not a plummet to concrete.

Posted Image

Source:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

Source: raclimja from droidrzr.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 imandroid

imandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

Ouch

#3 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

I would say so.. Gorilla glass is only good at keeping scratches off.. not a plummet to concrete.

Posted Image

Source:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Damn I better stop testing the crap out of mine. Flat drop from 5ft only scratches it. Ive done it multiple times daring the Igarbage owners to do the same while out at the bar. Ive even dropped it in inch of water while on a call daring apple cry babies to do the same.. Oh yeah.. Lets see a Samsung do any of that..

But really your screen is FUBAR!! i'm done dropping mine on the concrete :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#4 en7gm4

en7gm4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/en7gm4
  • LocationtEXas

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

i was playing BF3 with my razr in my front pocket and this sniper shot me with a .50 cal and the bullet bounce off of me.

#5 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Gorilla Glass isn't even close to shatterproof or scratch-proof; its just much more durable than ordinary glass at the same thickness. It's still glass.

#6 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Up from the grave!

In my day to day life I have had it shot through jello, cakes, and coke cups and never had any issues :D.

:-D :-D

#7 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Well my razr took a dive to the concrete on sat. Took me about a hour too swap out screens to my other one and put both of them back together :)

#8 raclimja

raclimja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

Well my razr took a dive to the concrete on sat. Took me about a hour too swap out screens to my other one and put both of them back together :)

i heard that Razr uses a very strong adhesive and is almost impossible to teardown, how did you manage to replace the screen?

#9 adauth

adauth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

This is why I purchased a few Cruzerlite TPU cases/skins. Really helps during drops. Especially if the device lands on the corner. Absorbs the shock quite well. They are also only $9 and change a piece on amazon. They also don't add very much bulk and look great in my opinion. I purchased 4 of them. A blue, red, green, and a clear/white one. The cutouts are all perfectly placed. The volume rockers are covered, but are easily adjustable. The SD/sim card slot is covered also, but I feel that is a good thing seeing as I have not had to open it since I purchased the phone.

Attached Files

#10 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

This is why I purchased a few Cruzerlite TPU cases/skins. Really helps during drops. Especially if the device lands on the corner. Absorbs the shock quite well. They are also only $9 and change a piece on amazon. They also don't add very much bulk and look great in my opinion. I purchased 4 of them. A blue, red, green, and a clear/white one. The cutouts are all perfectly placed. The volume rockers are covered, but are easily adjustable. The SD/sim card slot is covered also, but I feel that is a good thing seeing as I have not had to open it since I purchased the phone.

+1 on the Cruzerlite cases. They are AWESOME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users