Photo

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#301 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

Thank you for replying my question.

Sorry if I keep asking.. honestly I still can't find the satisfied answer although I've been googling for weeks..

How can I precisely identifying my phone is XT910 not XT912 ?

If I may refer to gsmarena.com on XT912's detail spec, stated it support for both GSM and CDMA.

I've been posted question thread in XDA but still can't find the solution of my phone's error.

So I hope I can find a way how to identify my phone?

Settings -> About phone

• xCorps likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#302 xCorps

xCorps

Team RAGE Dark Apprentice (Developer Apprentice)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Twitter:Dev_Team_Rage
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Charge, Motorola Photon, HTC Incredible, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 7"

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

This tool it's for the xt912, and that is the CDMA Verizon version of the Droid RAZR. When you say UMTS, it sounds like you have an xt910 GSM version...?

But. I'm just guessing and recommend waiting for someone a little more knowledgeable with the differences to respond here.

Team RAGE

Proud Member & Co-Owner

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx running JellyBean 4.1.2 RAGE ROM 3.0 with the theme Slaytanic RAGE.

Please hit Thanks/Like if I have been helpful.

I agree with xCorps. Sounds like you do have a GSM phone in which case this wont work for you. Get the correct software and then the Motochopper exploit from Dan will work, we have that here.

Thank you for replying my question.
Sorry if I keep asking.. honestly I still can't find the satisfied answer although I've been googling for weeks..
How can I precisely identifying my phone is XT910 not XT912 ?
If I may refer to gsmarena.com on XT912's detail spec, stated it support for both GSM and CDMA.

I've been posted question thread in XDA but still can't find the solution of my phone's error.
So I hope I can find a way how to identify my phone? Then I can choose which way to unbrick my phone.
I tried many fastboot files with umts_spyder but nothing work, I haven't tried with xt912 files.

Is your phone working at all right now? I know you mentioned looking at the back of the phone to see the model number.

Team RAGE
Proud Member & Co-Owner

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx running JellyBean 4.1.2

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

with the theme

teamragesigsxcorps.png

#303 nibaldojr

nibaldojr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Current Device(s):xt912 maxx

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hello! Staff. I managed to make my update successfully. I have problem, my mobile data does not work. Before wearing the version 4.0.4 and it worked perfectly. Finds no APN. Even putting manually. Can anyone help?

• xCorps likes this

#304 xCorps

xCorps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Charge, Motorola Photon, HTC Incredible, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 7"

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hello! Staff. I managed to make my update successfully. I have problem, my mobile data does not work. Before wearing the version 4.0.4 and it worked perfectly. Finds no APN. Even putting manually. Can anyone help?

Try formatting your Internal Storage and use Option 1 with Data Wipe.

Before formatting Internal Storage, make sure you browse your Internal SD Card and copying anything you want to save to your PC or External SD Card.

I had loss of data the other day after using the Utility, but formatting my internal storage fixed the issue.

I would recommend deleting all SafeStrap folders, AFTER YOU COPY YOUR "BACKUPS" to your PC.

Team RAGE
Proud Member & Co-Owner

with the theme

teamragesigsxcorps.png

#305 atelets

atelets

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR TX912

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Good time of date all

My question: Can help me this utility to do downgrade from stock 4.1.2 to stock 4.0.4?

If I use this utility with number 1, this unlock flash of my TX912 for stock 4.0.4?

Mercy, for your answers.

#306 atelets

atelets

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR TX912

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Sorry, I understood it not possible. 

• xCorps likes this

#307 tsdy008

tsdy008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

this is an amazing tools,i like it

#308 idwijayaku

idwijayaku

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:idwijayaku
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Settings -> About phone

Is your phone working at all right now? I know you mentioned looking at the back of the phone to see the model number.

Team RAGE
Proud Member & Co-Owner

with the theme

Based on setting my phone is XT910

But if I look phone's back cover it said XT912 and on the front there are Verizon logo there .

My phone now it's only able for calling and messaging, don't have data access unless i found wifi.

I can't boot normally unless by BP HW Diag booting.

I have tried XT910 fastboot files, but my phone still not back to normal.

So if I tried this utility what comes worst if my phone is XT910?

And let's say this utility makes my phone back to normal ( I can boot normally) can I change my baseband?

#309 duxx

duxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

stuck on "waiting for device".... mtp on , debugging on... any ideas?

Same issue for me.  Started on ICS, flashed the .211 using the utility the took the ota update.  Couldn't get passed "waiting for device" when trying option 3 so I used option 1. Booted device long enough to enable dubugging then tried option 3 again.  Still no dice.  I've cleared the data in smart actions, verified the drivers, etc. Any ideas?

EDIT

Problem solved.  I was attempting to perform step 3 while in ap fastboot.  My RAZR is back and badder than ever now!  Thanks again for all the time and effort put into keeping these devices "usable".

#310 RBEmerson

RBEmerson

Legend in my own mind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSE PA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Always glad to provide a bit of humor.

Great thanks, for support and patience, to everyone.

I spent far too much of yesterday recovering apps, etc. but the phone is functioning as it should and the bulk of the excitement is over. And, yes, I'll add Titanium to my list of apps.

Back to the cruising life at last: laundry this morning, a walk on the island to the local veggie stand, and then a sail up to Bitter Guana Cay, a refuge for native iguanas. It's hell but someone has to do it.

FWIW, the phone continues to work like a charm. The Bahamian telephone net can be a little shaky on occasion. NTL the phone rolls with it and keeps on moving. Bottom line: the phone is rock steady stable. Thanks, everyone.

It's not that I hate fools, but I think we should hide all the warning signs and let nature sort things out.

#311 idwijayaku

idwijayaku

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Sorry for keep questioning..

I taking risk use this tool.. and found some failed on sending boot, recovery and preinstall

Any idea what was wrong with my process?

I have tried with CID flashed and deleted, but still got same error on above step.

Thanks

#312 danayster

danayster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

This utility worked 100% straight away, without any hiccups or issues. My phone was bricked because I installed clockworkmod.  It was just saying some about encryption unsuccessful.. Thanks a million guys

#313 RBEmerson

RBEmerson

Legend in my own mind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSE PA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Sorry for keep questioning..

I taking risk use this tool.. and found some failed on sending boot, recovery and preinstall

Any idea what was wrong with my process?

I have tried with CID flashed and deleted, but still got same error on above step.

Thanks

Are you 100% sure you have an XT912 phone? This tool will not work on anything else. I wish I could tell you how to identify the phone correctly. I saw that someone mentioned that "if it's got GSM, it can't be an XT912". All I can say is my XT912 has GSM capability (used in Germany three weeks ago) as well as CDMA (used during a stopover in the US from Germany).

My phone was "soft bricked". That is, it would show the opening DROID animated screen and move onto the animation show it was trying to boot up, but it never did. I used the tool to recover the phone and it has worked just fine after that. I'm writing this note using EasyTether to connect my laptop to the Bahamian telephone system. I'd say the phone is working.

• idwijayaku likes this

It's not that I hate fools, but I think we should hide all the warning signs and let nature sort things out.

#314 idwijayaku

idwijayaku

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Are you 100% sure you have an XT912 phone? This tool will not work on anything else. I wish I could tell you how to identify the phone correctly. I saw that someone mentioned that "if it's got GSM, it can't be an XT912". All I can say is my XT912 has GSM capability (used in Germany three weeks ago) as well as CDMA (used during a stopover in the US from Germany).

My phone was "soft bricked". That is, it would show the opening DROID animated screen and move onto the animation show it was trying to boot up, but it never did. I used the tool to recover the phone and it has worked just fine after that. I'm writing this note using EasyTether to connect my laptop to the Bahamian telephone system. I'd say the phone is working.

With Verizon logo on front and back cover, I can say my phone is XT912, although I used XT910 custom rom so far.

Your statement that XT912 has GSM capability ensure me more :D

Glad to know you solved "soft brick" I hope I can do that :D

#315 RBEmerson

RBEmerson

Legend in my own mind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSE PA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

If you have Verizon front and back, I agree that it's very likely you have an XT912. All I can suggest is to follow the utility instructions very closely and you should be fine.

ADDED: I would, of course, use option 1 to delete everything in the phone.

Edited by RBEmerson, 01 May 2013 - 02:45 AM.

• xCorps likes this

#316 Jaxx

Jaxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

So I've tried this newer exploit, as recommended by Memnoch73, and I haven't had any success as of yet. It seems my phone will not respond to, or communicate with the Windows Utility. I have used Matt's root tools a few times in the past with great results, however this time it seems to have gotten the best of me. I've done a hard reset multiple times, I'm using the factory cord, phone is set to MTP, and debugging is enabled. When I attempt to run any of the options, I get no reaction form the phone. Any suggestions?

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

#317 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

Are you trying to root?? Moto drivers installed?? Utility unzipped to desktop?? Try another usb port??

• xCorps likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#318 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

So I've tried this newer exploit, as recommended by Memnoch73, and I haven't had any success as of yet. It seems my phone will not respond to, or communicate with the Windows Utility. I have used Matt's root tools a few times in the past with great results, however this time it seems to have gotten the best of me. I've done a hard reset multiple times, I'm using the factory cord, phone is set to MTP, and debugging is enabled. When I attempt to run any of the options, I get no reaction form the phone. Any suggestions?

Make sure you install the correct drivers (32 bit vs 64 bit). You must have admin rights to do that, which you probably do if you done it before. I just reset my Maxx yesterday and it went through 1,3, and 4 without a hitch. Good luck!

• Memnoch73 and xCorps like this

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#319 xCorps

xCorps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

Are you trying to root?? Moto drivers installed?? Utility unzipped to desktop?? Try another usb port??

Make sure you install the correct drivers (32 bit vs 64 bit). You must have admin rights to do that, which you probably do if you done it before. I just reset my Maxx yesterday and it went through 1,3, and 4 without a hitch. Good luck!

^^^^^

What they said, and also... Make sure you're in "AP Fastboot Mode" when you're connecting your Droid to the PC. While the Droid is powered off, hold down both volume buttons and then hold down the power button to turn on. Use the volume down button to scroll to AP Fastboot, and use volume up to select.

Google searching "Droid RAZR drivers Windows" will bring you to Motorola's page for driver download. Here's a link for your convenience:

Update your drivers before going into Fastboot. Connect your Droid to PC in each mode possible after you install Motorola's Device Manager.

Team RAGE
Proud Member & Co-Owner

with the theme

• Memnoch73 likes this

teamragesigsxcorps.png

#320 Jaxx

Jaxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Update:

So I'm not sure what did the trick or what was the hangup. I deleted everything, re-wiped my phone, re-downloaded the Droid Razr Utility XT912 files, re-un-zipped the files to another desktop folder, rebooted the PC  relaunched the utility, put phone in AP Fastboot mode, plugged into a different USB port, ran Option 1, then Option 3. Worked flawlessly. Sometimes it pays to walk away, start fresh, and be patient. Thanks for the reinforcement guys. Once again, Matt's tool has made me a very happy Droid owner.

• Memnoch73 and xCorps like this

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users