Photo

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#541 dantea2424

dantea2424

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for you patience....success. I downloaded the Safestrap 3.65 and installed it from my phone as an apk file not from the utility. This is okay?

#542 Johnnie008

Johnnie008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Hello - I am new to this forum and I am looking for solution to fix my Droid Razr XT 912 I purchased on Day One 11-11-11.  I had been working fine until the last two months of 2013.  I had reset it a number of times to factory settings and now since the last week in December it will not boot up.  It just sits there with the Droid Logo Screen and never finish the boot process.  I am thinking the OS (Jelly Bean) got corrupted and would like to reflash it.   Before doing that I want to know if anyone on here is or has experienced this and would the tool Matt posted here will fix it?  I want to reflash it with the appropriate Jelly Build for Verizon.

#543 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hello - I am new to this forum and I am looking for solution to fix my Droid Razr XT 912 I purchased on Day One 11-11-11. I had been working fine until the last two months of 2013. I had reset it a number of times to factory settings and now since the last week in December it will not boot up. It just sits there with the Droid Logo Screen and never finish the boot process. I am thinking the OS (Jelly Bean) got corrupted and would like to reflash it. Before doing that I want to know if anyone on here is or has experienced this and would the tool Matt posted here will fix it? I want to reflash it with the appropriate Jelly Build for Verizon.

Yes.... This should get you up and running:)

"No more training do you require...... already know you, that which you need...."

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#544 Johnnie008

Johnnie008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

All I need to do is follow the instructions in Matt's first post and click on the Start Download button to download and install his tool?

There is no updates since this post was started?

#545 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

All I need to do is follow the instructions in Matt's first post and click on the Start Download button to download and install his tool?
There is no updates since this post was started?

Just download the utility and follow the instructions :)

And yes there was a small OTA update for the RAZR since the utility was posted but, it will still work perfectly. Then, if you choose to, you can accept the OTA when your phone prompts you for it......

And if needed, you can use the utility again to "nuke and repave" your RAZR at anytime you desire :)

"No more training do you require...... already know you, that which you need...."

• Redalert likes this

jhf.png

#546 Johnnie008

Johnnie008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Thanks -  One more question?   In Matt's original post he mentions needing the new version of Safestrap.   Since this is the first time for me doing this. Do I need go the link he references and get Safestrap?  Is Safestrap required to run Option 1?   Since the phone hasn't worked since December.  It is not associated with my Verizon Account.  I re-activated my old phone in the interim before deciding on what to do with my non-functional Razr.  

#547 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Safestrap is only necessary if you plan on running custom roms....:)

jhf.png

#548 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

By the way ..... Make sure you are fully charged prior to running the utility.....:)

jhf.png

#549 Johnnie008

Johnnie008

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks John.  

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#550 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Thanks John.

No problem John.... Hehehehe :)

jhf.png

#551 chemdroid

chemdroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndiana, U.S.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:49 AM

ok, i rooted to undelete some files using hexamob recovery pro. then i bought rom toolbox pro and modified the fonts and boot animation and emptied dalvik-cache. then my phone started misbehaving and I've decided i just want to go back. i have a razr maxx xt912 jellybean. will option 1 remove everything from rom toolbox and superusersu or do i need to do that first? what is AP Fastboot mode and how do I enable it?

#552 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

ok, i rooted to undelete some files using hexamob recovery pro. then i bought rom toolbox pro and modified the fonts and boot animation and emptied dalvik-cache. then my phone started misbehaving and I've decided i just want to go back. i have a razr maxx xt912 jellybean. will option 1 remove everything from rom toolbox and superusersu or do i need to do that first? what is AP Fastboot mode and how do I enable it?

Option 1 will remove EVERYTHING and revert your phone to 100% out of the box stock ........ ap Fastboot .... from power off you hold vol up and vol down and power.... when the menu comes up, hit vol down to highlight Fastboot then vol up to select it....:)

Tapadriving.... hillbilly style!!!

jhf.png

#553 samfatboy

samfatboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Hi, I have the X912 RAZR and made the mistake of accepting the recent 'update' to 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US and now my phone does not work with Google Maps, loses 4G connection, and I lost root. 

I was able to follow Matt's instructions for option 2 and get back to 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US, but cannot seem to get root back using option 3.  I keep getting the following on phaze 3

[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' - Permission denied
mkdir failed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
link failed File exists
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Phase four...
2592 KB/s (91992 bytes in 0.034s)
3686 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.494s)
4490 KB/s (574184 bytes in 0.124s)
4289 KB/s (63838 bytes in 0.014s)
[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to exit.

MTP mode is on

USB debugging is on

Why is 'Operation not permitted for chmod of /data/logger ?

Although the phone is more stable now, I want to be able to run TIBU to get rid of the bloatware.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

#554 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Run option 1 [again] ... that's basically the only [easy] way to get rid of the files that already exist......... then try root again... if it don't work, we'll go from there :):) Tapadriving.... hillbilly style!!!

jhf.png

#555 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

In addition to what John said, once you're booted into the OS, don't sign into your Google account until after you've rooted.

#556 samfatboy

samfatboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

Thanks, that worked.  I guess option 2 does not work sometimes.   Backed up my files, but Now I have to re-acquire my apps.

What a hassle. 

Freezing the 'updater' hopefully will not fall into the update trap again!

Thanks again for your wisdom, without it, I would be prey to the big V upgrade money machine.

#557 chemdroid

chemdroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndiana, U.S.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

gotta be doing something wrong. I'm on Win8. Downloaded this utility (really big zip file!) and unzipped to its own folder on the desktop. installed the recommended drivers (recommended are not most recent?) got the updated safestrap and put it in the folder with the utility. moved everything from my phone to the PC. ejected phone from PC and put it in AP Fastboot mode. Connected it back to the PC and double clicked the .bat. Pressed a key when told. Now: I see the cmd window flashes then closes. nothing happened to the phone, never got to the menu to select option 1. tried running as admin, same thing. tried running from start > run..., same thing. copied .bat to desktop and opened in notebook, verified all the files it calls from the PC are present and accounted for. tried unplugging phone from pc, double click bat, plug in phone, press key - nothing.
Do i need to copy my files back to the phone? do i need the most recent drivers rather than the ones this site linked to? do i need to try this from my Vista machine? i have 2 user profiles on my Win8 pc. is that a problem? i noticed newer safestrap has a different name than the old, but i don't think that's the problem because the utility doesn't get that far. i'm flummoxed. help?

#558 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Win 8 is most likely the problem

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#559 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Search for House of Moto and read through the op and give that a whirl.

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#560 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

You could also check task manager and kill any ADB processes still running, then try the utility again. Going forward I agree that house of Moto is the way of the future.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users