• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darksidesh

darksidesh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RaZR (original)

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi All,

I am stupid or careless.

I was on ICS and then thought I grabbed the 98.72.16 and updated when the files became available, however, it was the 98.72.8 and I assumed it was the .16. I uninstalled some of the bloat specifically the Backup Assistant software, and was running smooth. Today, to my surprise, I as notified I had an OS update. What the heck, and low and behold, it was the 98.72.16. Crap.....I checked and realize my GOOF. Now I can not update to the latest and greatest. The normal update fails so I decided to update via Recovery mode, and it indicates their is an error with the Backup Assistant.......

Is there anyway to reload a full 98.72.8, and then update to 98.72.16? What do I need to do to get up to 98.72.16? I dont care what I have to do other than brick the phone...

I have download Matt G's tool:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, and I am assuming I just need to do option 1, however, I am unsure....

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hi All,

I am stupid or careless.

I was on ICS and then thought I grabbed the 98.72.16 and updated when the files became available, however, it was the 98.72.8 and I assumed it was the .16. I uninstalled some of the bloat specifically the Backup Assistant software, and was running smooth. Today, to my surprise, I as notified I had an OS update. What the heck, and low and behold, it was the 98.72.16. Crap.....I checked and realize my GOOF. Now I can not update to the latest and greatest. The normal update fails so I decided to update via Recovery mode, and it indicates their is an error with the Backup Assistant.......

Is there anyway to reload a full 98.72.8, and then update to 98.72.16? What do I need to do to get up to 98.72.16? I dont care what I have to do other than brick the phone...

I have download Matt G's tool:

, and I am assuming I just need to do option 1, however, I am unsure....

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt just released a new tool using the new JB fastboot files.

Run that with Option #1 and you'll be on Jellybean ;)

#3 darksidesh

darksidesh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RaZR (original)

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

Matt original utility soft bricked the device, most like me using it :), however, the new tool worked great using option 1!!! I must say Matt G, you are a GOD. TY so much...I can't say enough about your knowlege and expertice. TY!!!

Snives, TY as well. If you hadnt pointed out the above, I would be toast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users