• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Over the past week, I've noticed a problem with the Facebook app...before, when typing a status, if you typed a friend's name their name would pop up and allow you to tag them...but now it does nothing. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix it? My wife's iFail will still do it, which aggravates me even more...lol

Disclaimer: if your dog develops a meth addicition, your mom begins stealing police cars, you begin trading gold for crack or your truck starts spewing diarrhea out the exhaust due to my advice, i am not to be held responsible!

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Did you get an update in the past few days? There was an update that pushed straight from Facebook rather than thru the Play store that has been causing grief for lots of folks.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

RAZR HD Dev

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Also, I think the auto fill comes from your phone contacts not Facebook directly. Did you by chance recently change what contacts to display in your contacts setting?

RAZR HD Dev

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

OK, just checked on my Bionic and it was doing the same as yours. I went to contacts then settings, contacts to display. Clicked show all. Checked FB and the name suggestions would show. I went back and changed my contact setting back and the suggested names still show.

Hope that helps.

RAZR HD Dev

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#5 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Thanks bud, but none of those seem to work for me. My contacts were already set to show all, but i selected it again anyhow, checked every possible setting in the Facebook app and I still got nothing. I guess i got a new update that's wreaking havoc at the moment. Unless you or anyone has any other ideas, i might just be stuck living with it for the time being.

But, if that's my biggest problem with my Razr Maxx, i think I'm doing alright...:)

Edit, in that article it says something about only getting the update if on wi-fi...i haven't been on wi-fi in a few days...heck, maybe i need to.

#6 maxwilli3366

maxwilli3366

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

It happened to me also. I noticed that you have to put in the last name for the person to pop up.

#7 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

It happened to me also. I noticed that you have to put in the last name for the person to pop up.

Hmm...that doesn't even work for me. Maybe all my friends deleted me, lmao?

#8 eanes_87

eanes_87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

A workaround would be typing "@" then the person's name. When I'm on a jelly bean rom with my bionic I have to do that, but on stock ICS it pops up without using the @ symbol. Kind of odd. Anyway, hope that helps a bit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#9 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

I am running Black Facebook that I picked up from XDA and sideloaded. I also don't get a pop-up with the friend's name that I want to tag. However, if I type their full name, it will show that they are tagged after I entered my status change and it pops up on my feed. I tagged a couple of friends in a post Friday evening and I verified the post when I got home to my computer. Both people were tagged.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#10 Maxximized

Maxximized

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

A workaround would be typing "@" then the person's name. When I'm on a jelly bean rom with my bionic I have to do that, but on stock ICS it pops up without using the @ symbol. Kind of odd. Anyway, hope that helps a bit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I am running Black Facebook that I picked up from XDA and sideloaded. I also don't get a pop-up with the friend's name that I want to tag. However, if I type their full name, it will show that they are tagged after I entered my status change and it pops up on my feed. I tagged a couple of friends in a post Friday evening and I verified the post when I got home to my computer. Both people were tagged.

Thanks y'all! At random, it fixed itself and now is tagging people like a beast again...:)

Sent from a crack house in the ghetto.

• maxwilli3366 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users