sabotage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsaint petersburg, fl
  • Current Device(s):rzr maxx

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

hi i'm new. i've had this razr maxx since ...well since they first came out and i love it. i've been meaning to get on here to see what all more i can do with it but always so busy with work and school (working on my bachelors).

anyways, what finally led me here today is that my phone (not rooted) did the auto update to jellybean the end of last week and now i can't usb tether anymore. i know i may be a weirdo but i like usb tethering bc i feel secure and i just need it for my 1 laptop for school. ever since this last update i now get this message that says (after searching to verify subscription status which it didn't do before) "your order could not be processed: your order did not process successfully. please contact customer service at...." so i called verizon, they said motorola update so connected me to them. they had me do some troubleshooting including cache clearing and determined it's not the phone and that verizon disabled it. of course if i call verizon they're like oh i don't know and try and push me to purchase the mobile hotspot thing. i don't want to do the mobile hotspot thing!

bare with me as i'm not all that software savy so i'm a little lost. is there a way to fix this usb tethering thing with rooting the phone? couldn't find much for usb tethering but i found the root exploit thread...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

... but i'm a little overwhelmed with this process and am afraid to mess something up.

thanks in advance and i hope to learn some stuff here!

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Welcome to the site. You are correct in that the only was to get tethering back is to root. You have the correct thread there. Just read it thoroughly and follow the directions in the Utility as you are running it. It's pretty painless. There are a bunch of us here to help if you get stuck. You cannot get yourself in to a spot we can't fix. :)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 sabotage

sabotage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

thank you, at least i know that i am on the right track!
i am currently helping my friend run this little mom and pop place and they have no internet so me not being able to do my school work there is really messing me up!
well if I have any issues with that i’ll post in that thread.

i’ll probably try tomorrow when i have more time. after i get that fixed i’ll have to see what other trouble i can get into on here :blink:

#4 tank

tank

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationStanwood Wa
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx. rooted,JB

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

I have been using PDANet tether with no problems since update.

#5 sabotage

sabotage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

hmmm....will probably still want to root so i can get rid of all of these preinstalled apps i don't want like nfl mobile, slacker radio and all the verizon junk i don't use! thanks!

#6 tank

tank

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationStanwood Wa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

just trying to give you an option until you have time to root.

#7 tank

tank

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationStanwood Wa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

just trying to give you an option until you have time to root.

• tank likes this

#8 sabotage

sabotage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

actually i looked at the pdanet app on google play and it looked easy/fast so i just finished downloading everything and then i tested it and it does work well so far!
i will use this until i have more time to sit down and take the time to root. between work and school full time (accelerated 8 week courses) i don't even have time to wash my hair :P so thanks! i'll root later and get rid of all the other junk on my phone.
back to studying i go!...

#9 finka

finka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users