• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eroupe117

eroupe117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

Hello I am new to the rooting world and forums, I've been reading and researching for a week now so I have a decent understanding of unlocking phones and rooting, I had bought the droid 4 the first week it came out and had it replaced 3 times because of the internal phone speaker blowing out, that phone was never rooted or anything so they gave me the option to swap for the RAZR m and I took the offer, I have a droid RAZR m (xt907) that is rooted, with entitlement check for hotspot and i have unlimited data plan, I do not wanna change my plan and loose unlimited data, I pay 6or 7 bucks a month for insurance on the phone, if I wanted to send in for warranty work what steps should I take to make puting this thing back to 100% stock with no trace of root or rooted apps or the entitlement change easy in case my screen breaks or something? Is their a counter on the phone that I should reset now or something? Or is this the dumbest question you ever heard, I am still new to rooting and I can't seem to find any information to answer this question

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#2 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Usually having a rooted phone isn't a problem with warranty. There's always ways to circumvent what you did with your rooted phone. However personally I think if you mess something up from rooting you should own up to it.

In the case of a broken screen or water damage, etc, warranty won't apply, that's something you'd have to go through insurance for. I'm not entirely sure with the M, but usually just fastbooting back to stock will suffice for either insurance or warranty.
  • eroupe117 likes this

#3 eroupe117

eroupe117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

OK well thanks for some input, I Dont plan on really tinkering much with this phone, just the hotspot was the main thing and the 6or 7 bucks I pay Verizon covers water damage, battery, run over by truck etc, and I just have to pay 50$ deductible, thanks for responding

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#4 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yeah sorry if my response was confusing. You're paying the monthly fee/deductible for insurance, which will cover any sort of damage, even if you don't have the phone anymore. Warranty is the ability to get a replacement phone during the first year due to manufacturing defects, or goofy software bugs, etc, but it will not cover physical damage.

Either way, just having a rooted phone shouldn't be an issue because you can flash back to stock before returning. Or if it's in a situation that it's so messed up you can't, doesn't matter because they probably won't check.
  • eroupe117 likes this

#5 eroupe117

eroupe117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ahh OK thanks for clearing that up, my heads been spinning this last week from all the information I'm learning

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users