• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've had my max for just over 3 1/2 weeks now.

I love the phone, but have been having issues on either stock or any other rom I try.

It seems my screen isnt registering my touch correctly. Sometimes I'll have to swipe the screen 4 or 5 times before it reacts.

Like I said, this happened on any rom ive tried. Happens with games, apps, swype keyboards (I have to reswpe some words over since the screen not registering my touch thinks that i started a new word).

Anyone else having the same issue?

Verizon is sending a certified like new Maxx. I hate that, but my only other option is sending the phone to Motorola myself and wait, aka not going to happen. I'm not as worried about the CLN device, since the phone has been out for just about a month now, so hopefully the one I get hasn't seen much action (thats what she said).

I'm hoping the CLN Maxx has less screen blotches too.
  • charklos likes this

#2 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

I would restore to stock completely and remove any of your data and turn it in for a replacement
if you have a hardware issue that is the best course visit the chatroom and we can help you there :D ill be on more on monday if you like to wait till then
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#3 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Have you been using the charger that came with the phone?

Sent From Optimus Prime

:-D :-D

#4 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Have you been using the charger that came with the phone?

Sent From Optimus Prime

Yes I have been.

#5 POQbum

POQbum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NEIN
  • Google+:NEIN NEIN NEIN

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Anyone else having the same issue?

Yes. I'm getting this issue, and also have a few screen blotches (really only notice it when it's all black, I see rectangular black blotches vs the rest of the screen being dark grey)

If you see it fixed with a new phone please post back here :P

#6 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

the screen splotches are normal with this type of screen. Nothing can be done about it and changing to a different phone (though same model) won't solve it. The splotches will just be in a different spot. It's an issue in the type of screen's manufacturing that has been known for years.

#7 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

the screen splotches are normal with this type of screen. Nothing can be done about it and changing to a different phone (though same model) won't solve it. The splotches will just be in a different spot. It's an issue in the type of screen's manufacturing that has been known for years.

Thanks for replying. I'm aware of the reason behind the screen blothes, that is why I said "I'm hoping the CLN Maxx has less screen blotches too."

This one has a blotche the size of a silver dollar, but the reason im getting a replacement is because of the screen touch issues, I can live with the screen imperfections.

#8 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Update:

Well my first Maxx exchange did not have touch screen issues, but had dead pixels.

My next exchange has no touch screen issues, but 2 dead pixels also. I'm going to call tomorrow to get yet another exchange.

*Sigh*

#9 PsyberEMT

PsyberEMT

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

I've experienced the same screen weirdness with every RAZR I've had (I'm on my 3rd refurb, 4 phones total). It does it much more often when on charge (regardless of the charger used, the dinky one that came with it or higher mA ones), but still does it now and again even when not charging. Almost makes me think there's some kind of internal grounding issue or other power weirdness that's messing with the capacative sensors. I know my HP touchsmart desktop's screen is EXTREMELY sensitive, any stray static electricity drives it berzerk (dusting it off sends it into fits lol). Wondering if the same may be at work with the RAZR?

"No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced" -- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users