• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 looneytuned29

looneytuned29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Sorry if this isnt in the right place but i was wondering if it is possible to run windows on my phone ( or galaxy tab) for the reason of formating a sd card to fat 32. I dont have a wkrking computer anymore and i need to put some files on sd card that is in that format for my wii. Sorry for such a long post

#2 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I highly doubt there is any working windows os for android phones.... your best bet is to get Linux up and running. You can do more in that environment. I think I've seen a few posts about that at xda. Google search for Linux on droid

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

If you're looking for a Windows "Look and Feel", there are themes out there that give you a Windows type experience. You'd have to search the market, but I've seen them. You need a launcher such as Go Launcher:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and then download a Theme to go with the launcher. Here's one for Windows 7:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Sorry if this isnt in the right place but i was wondering if it is possible to run windows on my phone ( or galaxy tab) for the reason of formating a sd card to fat 32. I dont have a wkrking computer anymore and i need to put some files on sd card that is in that format for my wii. Sorry for such a long post

On the point of running Windows on your phone, it is currently not, and likely never will be, possible to run any current iteration of Windows natively on the RAZR or GTab. Windows desktop editions were not designed to run on the ARM architecture that phones use. Windows 8 would be possible assuming we have access to the tools necessary to build a kernel, and the bootloader is unlocked. The closest possibility would be as other said, running Linux. You could in theory run a Windows virtual machine inside of a linux build, but it would be horrifically slow.

FAT32 is the standard format to be used on removable media due to it's compatibility benefits. I know of no operating system that can not natively work in FAT32 due in large part to its entire lack of encryption or optimization. As such, any card you format on your phone/GTab will be FAT32 like you want. Use a MicroSD to USB or MicroSD to SD adapter to use it with your Wii.

#5 looneytuned29

looneytuned29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Thank you both for pointibg me in the right direction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users