• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:thewahlrus
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, HP Touch Pad with AOKP, cracked Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

So i started by fastbooting back to ics using Droid razr HD utility and flashed my way up to the 4.1.2 leak whilst remaining rooted. Somewhere along the way I became very drunk, and this morning I woke up and I can't get past safestrap. Safestrap says I have no OS installed, and I can't go back to ics because it says downgraded security version, preflash fail, etc... So what do I do? Any Ideas? I don't know what I did or why, but it seems I have screwed something up pretty bad.

Thanks
Jason

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

So i started by fastbooting back to ics using Droid razr HD utility and flashed my way up to the 4.1.2 leak whilst remaining rooted. Somewhere along the way I became very drunk, and this morning I woke up and I can't get past safestrap. Safestrap says I have no OS installed, and I can't go back to ics because it says downgraded security version, preflash fail, etc... So what do I do? Any Ideas? I don't know what I did or why, but it seems I have screwed something up pretty bad.

Thanks
Jason

Honestly you are pretty much stuck for now. You need to get the new fastboot files flashed on there for 4.1.2 and we don't have them (yet). In the meantime you should get a Factory Adapter from TeamBlackHat so when your battery dies (and it will... not going to charge in Fastboot mode), you can flash the fastboot files when we get them.

Factory Adapter by TeamBlackHat:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, HP Touch Pad with AOKP, cracked Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Honestly you are pretty much stuck for now. You need to get the new fastboot files flashed on there for 4.1.2 and we don't have them (yet). In the meantime you should get a Factory Adapter from TeamBlackHat so when your battery dies (and it will... not going to charge in Fastboot mode), you can flash the fastboot files when we get them.

That's what I figured. Don't drink and flash. I'm happy I kept my galaxy nexus with cracked screen. At least I've got something to use.

Ill buy a black hat cable, but you think as soon as fast boot files for 4.1.2 are around I'll have no problem then? I no there's no way to tell, but how long do you think it will take for the fast boot files to come around? Should I stick the RAZR in a drawer and check back in a couple months or do you think it will be relatively soon?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#4 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Matt he says he is going to 4.1.2, I thought we should not load that one yet because there is no going back?
should we not stay with 4.1.1
Do it now you may not be able to later

#5 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

Thanks
Jason

the positive thing that came out of your story is you only bricked your phone and didn't get someone pregnant. Would have cost you more :ph34r:
  • neckchop, zooyork0721 and thewahlrus like this

#6 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

the positive thing that came out of your story is you only bricked your phone and didn't get someone pregnant. Would have cost you more :ph34r:

Lol. Vasectomy. Baby making days are behind me.

• trikotret and neckchop like this

#7 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Matt he says he is going to 4.1.2, I thought we should not load that one yet because there is no going back?
should we not stay with 4.1.1

Unless you're brave. I was actually on 4.1.2 and had kept root with voodoo but I had tried to flash something else, some tweaks or something and that's when I got stuck at safe strap. I think I tried flashing one of vtwin moto script but by that time everything was fuzzy. 4.1.2 was looking pretty smooth but nothing worth risking anything. I'm not sure what had changed, nothing major.

#8 DVDDave

DVDDave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Definitely get he adapter or cable, i have the cable and I am glad i have it !!!

#9 krazyace38

krazyace38

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thanks
Jason

Just curious if you installed safestrap with the safestrap recovery active before taking the ota if you did then that's why you bricked it. Always uninstall safestrap recovery before taking ota.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#10 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

That's what I figured. Don't drink and flash. I'm happy I kept my galaxy nexus with cracked screen. At least I've got something to use.

Ill buy a black hat cable, but you think as soon as fast boot files for 4.1.2 are around I'll have no problem then? I no there's no way to tell, but how long do you think it will take for the fast boot files to come around? Should I stick the RAZR in a drawer and check back in a couple months or do you think it will be relatively soon?

Thanks for the help.

I'd guess within a week from now. Hopefully by the time you get your adapter.

• zooyork0721 and thewahlrus like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#11 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'd guess within a week from now. Hopefully by the time you get your adapter.

I hope so, I'm using an old galaxy nexus with a cracked screen. Sucks. Maybe it'll teach me a lesson.
Probably not.

#12 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Just curious if you installed safestrap with the safestrap recovery active before taking the ota if you did then that's why you bricked it. Always uninstall safestrap recovery before taking ota.

No, flashed the file from droid life. Was rooted on 4.1.2 then installed safestrap.

#13 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

lmao i clicked the link and got scared i remember seeing this but dont think on my computer and somehow i have it as a bookmark :ph34r: matt get off my computer haha

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#14 DVDDave

DVDDave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

No, flashed the file from droid life. Was rooted on 4.1.2 then installed safestrap.

I flashed the file from droid life too and it worked...hmmm??? Was it safe strap that did you in ??

#15 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I flashed the file from droid life too and it worked...hmmm??? Was it safe strap that did you in ??

I don't think so. It may have been an older safe strap I used by mistake. I just had an apk on my SD card and installed it, rebooted into ss, flash moto script, then it wouldn't boot. Said no os installed. But who knows. Was rooted on 4.1.2 just fine then I screwed it up.

#16 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Ordered black hat adapter today, hopefully get everything fixed once fast boot for 4.1.2 is out. Tired of this galaxy nexus already, had to charge it twice already today. Forgot how cool AOKP is though.

#17 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

have you tried flashing a rom to add an OS to boot into? lol

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#18 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

have you tried flashing a rom to add an OS to boot into? lol

Actually I might try it later. It won't boot and says no os installed and I can't flash or fast boot any updates but I didn't try to create a slot and flash something to it. That is if I have any battery left.

#19 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Battery seems to charge while in safestrap.

#20 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

try to get a charge, if possible. matt found 4.1.2 fastboot files he might try to work something out when he get :)

for og razr but maybe try it, its to get it to charge

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users