31 replies to this topic

#1 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

I bought a Motorola RAZR less then a week ago and I really doubt my purache. I know I wont get any objective comments and thoughts from here but i'll still ask. I am thinking of returning the phone on monday before the 14 days expire. Don't get me wrong I really love the phone, build quality is awesome. But one thing is bugging me and it's the locked bootloader. I come from phones that always had unlocked bootloaders and many ROM's to choose from, when I came to RAZR there was only 2 roms to choose from + a locked bootloader, I mean WTF? Is there still some hope from this phone or will Motorola still $#!+ on their customer like always? Please share your thoughts and tell me why I should keep the RAZR.

Oh and btw I am on the EU, GSM version. And no I haven't rooted it or installed any custom rom's befor I am 100% sure if i'll keep the phone or not.

#2 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Oh sorry wrong place, mod please remove it to appropiate section!

#3 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

i like my razr, but its diff. like you said about the locked bl. if i had to do it again i would have got the nexus, thats just me
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#4 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I do like the roms and currently using nitro's and yes it is awesome, BUT I do miss my thunderbolt and incredible and once HTC releases the quad core next month I think I'm jumping ship.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 scottysize

scottysize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:scottysize
  • Google+:scottysize
  • LocationSanger, TX

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

I love my Maxx. The device is still relatively new, so ROMs are slow in coming, but are being developed. I had a Dinc for 2 years, and it was the greatest phone, but I wanted 4G. For a 4G device, this is one of the best.

RAZR No Longer.  Currently running the LG G2 and HTC One (M8)

Time for Moto to update the line!

#6 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

Seems like most of you agree with me that it's an awesome phone but it's a pity that it has an unlocked bootloader and there is only 2 roms to choose from. I think i'll go over to Galaxy S2
  • The Kid likes this

#7 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

Seems like most of you agree with me that it's an awesome phone but it's a pity that it has an unlocked bootloader and there is only 2 roms to choose from. I think i'll go over to Galaxy S2

Um...

- Arctic
- AOKP
- MIUI
- Fts
- Stock
- Eclipse
- Gummy

All work either right out of the box, or with the GSM patch.

#8 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Awesome but what about the bootloader? You can't run unsigned kernels and we really don't know if Motorola will unlock the bootloader with the ICS update. Also I wonder how the RAZR's GPU power sgx 540, stands against Mali-400? The power sgx 540 is 1 ½ year old and we see it in phones like SGS I9000 and also in the GN but overclocked with 200mhz(if that really makes any diffrence)

#9 patchm00

patchm00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Sounds like your mind is made up so go nexus. But my. 02.

I had nexus demo at work for 2 weeks then a Maxx demo and quality of phone, connection, speed even screen went to RAZR. For me the only advantage of nexus was unlocked boot loader, and for me, who will have my phone for 2 years, it's a phone! It will get fully functional ICS soon enough. I had OG, DROID 2 and DINC. Once I got over the coolness of unlocked DINC it was a phone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#10 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

I bought a Motorola RAZR less then a week ago and I really doubt my purache. I know I wont get any objective comments and thoughts from here but i'll still ask. I am thinking of returning the phone on monday before the 14 days expire. Don't get me wrong I really love the phone, build quality is awesome. But one thing is bugging me and it's the locked bootloader. I come from phones that always had unlocked bootloaders and many ROM's to choose from, when I came to RAZR there was only 2 roms to choose from + a locked bootloader, I mean WTF? Is there still some hope from this phone or will Motorola still $#!+ on their customer like always? Please share your thoughts and tell me why I should keep the RAZR.

Oh and btw I am on the EU, GSM version. And no I haven't rooted it or installed any custom rom's befor I am 100% sure if i'll keep the phone or not.

If your life revolves around flashing roms then you should probably get a Nexus.

#11 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

If your life revolves around flashing roms then you should probably get a Nexus.

You mean the Galaxy Nexus? I was more thinking about the SGS2. But if RAZR gets the bootloader unlocked with ICS update and more developers support it I wont hesitate to buy one again

#12 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

I love my RAZR. Had the nexus for two weeks and took it back. While being a great developer phone it was not functional as an actual phone. Data kept cutting out and battery life without extended battery was awful. I know there are roms that extend battery life but all in all the RAZR Maxx is a beast of a phone. It was a great step up from my d1.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX
If DROID DOES..... then iDroid

#13 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

I love my RAZR. Had the nexus for two weeks and took it back. While being a great developer phone it was not functional as an actual phone. Data kept cutting out and battery life without extended battery was awful. I know there are roms that extend battery life but all in all the RAZR Maxx is a beast of a phone. It was a great step up from my d1.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX

To bad the MAXX is not available in Europe..

But do you think that the bootloader will eventually get unlocked by Motorola?

Really trying to like this phone but bootloader unlocked I feel like a prisoner LOL

#14 sevenup30

sevenup30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Be patient, wait few days(week?) For kholk release kexec, and then development will explode!!!

#15 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Be patient, wait few days(week?) For kholk release kexec, and then development will explode!!!

Yeah I heard about kholk's work, awesome dude. I really hope he unlocks the bootloader, he seems legite to me. But it's a lot of work

#16 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yeah I heard about kholk's work, awesome dude. I really hope he unlocks the bootloader, he seems legite to me. But it's a lot of work

i could be wrong but someone locked the bootloader so someone can UNlock the bootloader, maybe this will be the one to do it
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#17 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

i could be wrong but someone locked the bootloader so someone can UNlock the bootloader, maybe this will be the one to do it

Very true sir. I might not be totally convinced but right now I think i'll keep it.

#18 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

i think my problem is i learned all my android stuff on my OG EVO, (remember i am just a dumb country boy) if i bricked it i could always pull battery and start all over again, i know you can do it on the razr but its just different in its own way. i just haven't gotten use to it yet
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#19 59S

59S

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

i think my problem is i learned all my android stuff on my OG EVO, (remember i am just a dumb country boy) if i bricked it i could always pull battery and start all over again, i know you can do it on the razr but its just different in its own way. i just haven't gotten use to it yet

I think I saw on XDA if you hold the powe button and press volume up and down the phone will reset? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

#20 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think I saw on XDA if you hold the powe button and press volume up and down the phone will reset? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

you are right, thats how you do it
3.0 icsourcery GNex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users