• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I have a Droid RAZR 912 (OG) and was thinking about moving up to the larger screen and battery of the RAZR HD MAXX.
My concern is the 1gig of RAM.

Currently have 2 phones i use regularly, the RAZR and the nexus 4 i bought for $225 on CL.
The nexus 4 is making me HATE the RAZR with it's speed and peformance. Not only does everything load up faster , as i expect it will on the razr HD, but with only 120-200 megs of ram available on the RAZR, it slows me down alot. I'm wondering if the fact that i have over a gig of ram available on the Nexus 4 is the reason i NEVER get a slow down? I can run any game, switch to the desktop and run another, switch and take a call, check my gmail and take a picture all with no hesitation. On my RAZR, that would take over a minute with all the caching.

So my BIG question is this, Will this happen on the RAZR HD MAXX? Is the 1gig of RAM my bottleneck when multitasking or will the stronger CPU offset it?

Thanks,

#2 htowngtr

htowngtr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:htowngator
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Developer

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

I have just started using the RAZR HD and I can say it's fairly snappy. I think motoblur slows it down a bit compared to Nexus 4 stock though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users