#1 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this? i want to flash only a battery mod (new png.) I do not want to flash the whole systemUI.apk cause obviously everyone has their rom set up a certain way and that usually brings ya back to the start. Files such as status_bar in systemUI/res/layout, i have swapped out with center clock file.. I know this can be done cause things like metamorph, romtoolbox pro etc. Any helpful suggestions? THanks!!

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Let me just make sure I understand this. You don't want to flash a new SystemUI.apk, but want to change ur battery png? It's not possible. Battery pngs are located within SystemUI.apk. There is NO WAY to change the the battery icon without altering SystemUI.apk in SOME way. And if you want it to be 1%, you will need a modified services.jar as well. But fill me in a bit, I'm not quite understanding your request.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yes iam well aware where the battery pngs are located, i managed to figure that one out!! So what iam saying is something like, is there a possible way to flash the pngs without flashing the whole systemUI.apk? I was thinking as advanced as some of you are maybe someone figured out a way to flash just drawables-hpdi folder with new pngs to replace the others, not even the whole folder, just the specific pngs. So when ROMtoolbox does it ur whole systemUI does not get replaced. But iam assuming jrummy has created/found a script which somehow does what it says and no more. So bascially why have we not intergrated the same ideas into our roms or a flashable.zip? Its all about the script right? Do you know how ROMtoolbox can achieve what it does? Iam guessing he has a script set up to run some sort of multi tool and decompiles and all the necessary steps on the spot... And if so lets get to writing a script and if not then iam stumped?
What do you think?

#4 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Let me just make sure I understand this. You don't want to flash a new SystemUI.apk, but want to change ur battery png? It's not possible. Battery pngs are located within SystemUI.apk. There is NO WAY to change the the battery icon without altering SystemUI.apk in SOME way. And if you want it to be 1%, you will need a modified services.jar as well. But fill me in a bit, I'm not quite understanding your request.

Oh, and any ideas why phone.apk is such a butthead? i installed framework with the phone.apk and even with no edits it will not compile. so i tried it with systemUI and same result!! Thanks

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Oh, and any ideas why phone.apk is such a butthead? i installed framework with the phone.apk and even with no edits it will not compile. so i tried it with systemUI and same result!! Thanks

Are you sure you have a JB compatible apktool? You should try this one, I've used it for virtually every apk with Jellybean and have never had an issue.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Depending on what ROM you are trying to theme,phone and or contacts throw out language errors. I have noticed this and have talked to other themers. It is something that happens with the original compiling of either the ROM or just poor coding from Moto and unless you compile those from source, you probably will have issues ..mainly with contacts. What I have to do is remove the2 "ES" folders prior to compiling. This was the same with ICS . I have had the newest version of Apktool for both ICS and JB.
As far as the battery mod, besides what has been said, Timmy10shoes wrote a pretty cool battery mod. It backs up your original SystemUI and allows for multiple options for battery icons. I think he posted it in his blurry thread (Bionic). It should be easily adaptable for the RAZR.
  • prosaschi likes this

#7 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

thanks BDH and homie jayrod!!!

#8 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

BTW... liquid 4.2.2 has this exact thing build in to it, can change battery icons, colors, everything without flashing or apk tool.. just thought I'd throw that out there, that yes it is possible not be flashing SystemUI... want the link hit me up, wrks rom slot 3 ota JB, .16 cdma

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#9 bretrick30

bretrick30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

ROM toolbox allows you to install custom battery icons without flashing the systemui.apk. the app is available in Google play

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX Using Tapatalk 2

#10 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

ROM toolbox allows you to install custom battery icons without flashing the systemui.apk. the app is available in Google play

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX Using Tapatalk 2

yes, have pro version, not what I had in mind. trebuchet, now thats cool. Thanks..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#11 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

This will take your UI and make about 40 diffident battery mods and push them to your sdcard as flashable zips <br />

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

<br />Sent from Above<br />
  • prosaschi likes this
Sent from Above

#12 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Thanks Timmy. Just added thin circle to eclipse on my maxx and it looks very nice.

#13 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Could you post that link again for the battery MODS Timmy10shoes?

#14 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Could you post that link again for the battery MODS Timmy10shoes?

Never mind sir, found it........and I must say, these MODs are great!

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

My follow-up to this would be this. I do not think there is a way to use edify (flashable zip syntax) to decompile an apk that's already on the phone, edit it's folders, then recompile it. I could be way off base, but I really don't think it's possible. As far as ROM toolbox, I honestly haven't looked into what it's process is, but I do know that it doesn't work 100% of the time either.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#16 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I use a 7zip binary to replace only the battery icons to whatever rom your using UI.<br /><br />Sent from Above<br /><br />
Sent from Above

#17 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I use a 7zip binary to replace only the battery icons to whatever rom your using UI.

Sent from Above

And it works pretty well...just like every flashable zip with his scripts!

Sent from my Speedlite AOKP Bionic
  • timmy10shoes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users