Photo

RAZR Hd, new update won't install build 9.16.6

Best Answer stefen , 11 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Better solution: unlock bootloader, install custom recovery (twrp), then flash the dst rom. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheloniousOne

TheloniousOne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hello. I am having an issue with build 9.16.6 update failing on install. The install gets halfway through fails. I unroot with Voodoo and still no dice. Any insight guys?

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hello. I am having an issue with build 9.16.6 update failing on install. The install gets halfway through fails. I unroot with Voodoo and still no dice. Any insight guys?

Do you have ANY Verizon bloat apps frozen or uninstalled? How about Safestrap? Is that uninstalled? OTAs check to make sure everything is basically stock. This is how Moto/VZW ensure that they won't brick your phone by flashing new software with incompatible stuff running. You need to be basically 100% stock, including recovery when you attempt to OTA or it will fail. Rooted, binary updated with Voodoo OTA root keeper SU back up, and Root access temp unrooted or you can almost guarantee you won't have a successful update. That and you need to make sure the file you're flashing isn't corrupt as it confirms SHA-1 sums for pretty much EVERY patch it applies. IDK if you downloaded the update somewhere or took it right from them over the air, but either way, a corrupt OTA file will not flash either. Hope this helps.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 TheloniousOne

TheloniousOne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yes it does help. And thank you. I did do the temp uproot on Voodoo. The only thing I can think of is that I have the hack for the Mobile Hotspot. Could that be holding me back? I attempted both OTA and manual update and same outcome. I'm thinking about wiping it clean in recovery mode and starting again.

Now if I do that, will it take me back to 4.1.1 or take me to the new build?

#4 oneillperson

oneillperson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

If any of you kind people are on 4.1.1, could you go into /system/app and send me the Music2.apk? I need it to take the update :) (email is oneillperson@gmail.com) Would be much appreciated.

#5 TheloniousOne

TheloniousOne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hey everyone. Sorry to grave dig this up but I've tried everything. OTA and manual update fail at the halfway progress bar point. Even a factory reset and luckily it still kept root thru voodoo. Should I remove root then update and use the new method found on Droid Life?

#6 stefen

stefen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:02 AM   Best Answer

Better solution: unlock bootloader, install custom recovery (twrp), then flash the dst rom.

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

^^^^^ this

Just unlock your bootloader and we can flash the update or whatever you want.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#8 TheloniousOne

TheloniousOne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Ahh thank you both. I will give it a try tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users